My Application

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by ArmyisMyDream, Feb 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So far I've handed in my medical forms and now im just waiting for my ACIO to contact me. Im still in school at the moment (sixth form) however im planning to leave IF i get into the infantry, My atendance at school is pretty bad....well terrible...do u think this will be a problem with my application?

thanks

2. when i was in school they were all honoured if i ever turned up. it wont matter no-one likes school.

it took over a month just to be contacted when i applied!

3. You want to make sure you don't miss another day's school as , contrary to common opinion, the infantry don't want thickies. You'll need all the education you can get to make a career in any branch of the army this is 2008 not 1914 and an infantryman is a highly technical soldier.

4. Cow

Cow LE

I left 6th form and joined the Signals, it hasn't done me any harm but if your already studying then I'd recomend you carry on and get the most suitable job available. Infantry is an excellent choice but other roles can provide better qualifications/experience when you come to leave.

5. well i would agree but somehow i manged to get 10 gcse's which im pretty happy with apart from when my recruter trys to persuade me to apply for different jobs which just dont interest me...there boring (my opinion)

6. Attendance at school will be important in your selection surely. Your attendance record will show that you are reliable, punctual and all the other good character traits that recruiters are looking for.

Stick in for now, it`s not forever.

Good luck in your chosen career, though.

edited because I didn`t see out my time at school!!!!

7. mate my highest grade was an E the recruiter says i dont need quals for infantry just waiting to heaR back from them

8. Don't let yourself be persuaded to go for another trade - its going to be what you'll be doing for some considerable time, so go for something that you really want to do (inf).

9. As a long serving Infanteer I would highly reccomend joining. Always remember if you don't like it once you've done the CIC and got to your chosen Bn you can always bang in a transfer. The Army is big on retention these days and there is an internal transfer market. Best of luck with your application.

10. With you being under 18 they get a reference from your school Head Teacher. Wouldnt worry though mate, you'll be ok.

11. if he gives you a bad referance you can always set fire to the soles of his feet mate dont worry!

i too am an "educated boy" joining the infanty, and luckily i retained every 2 bit attendance record and qualification ive ever received so i was safe as far as attendance and punctuation goes.

12. I never though about my poor attendance not giving me a route into the army. Surely being 3k blokes short though isnt going to affect it?

I'm also fairly educated, my CA's eyes almost popped out of his head when I told him I wanted to be a tank driver with 2As, 4Bs and 4Cs.

13. onObviously spelling was not you're strongest point "educated boy" ......(reference...."reference")! :)

14. thanks for the quick replys
    aprreicate it :)
    cheers

15. Probably because he was in the Infantry and couldnt spell past B :) At least your heading to the right corp,just need to get you in the right Regiment