My Ancestors...Fine British Lads

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by AubreyGerrard, Feb 8, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. [​IMG]

This is a photo of my infant grandfather, great-grandfather, and great-great-grandfather. Taken at Tooting, 1912. Although they look like quite the dapper gentlemen here, they were skilled laborers...stone masons, who worked on the restoration of Arundel Castle in Sussex, sometime at the turn of the century.

After coming to America, they continued working with stone, settling eventually in southern Indiana...limestone country. The infant pictured, as well as my father, worked in the limestone industry. Dear old dad left stone cutting behind him in the 1950's and went on to college and a career in journalism.
  2. Nice picture AB, so are you admitting then that the "land of the free and home of the brave" :? was built by fine upstanding "old country" folk sadly to be let down by there offspring :?:
  3. Of course, all septics are mutts, and proud of it!
  4. Not at all. Limestone became a dying industry. It was time for a more marketable skill, what with mouths to feed and all. We don't see many blacksmiths or wagon wheel makers in these parts anymore either.
  5. :lol: think you missed the point ...............oh well :lol:
  6. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

Have to disagree there mate, wagon wheel manufacturers still going strong in these parts! :D

Good job your ancestors are British...

If your heritage (not that the septics have any) were SPAMS your kin folk and ancestral photo may look like this
    :D :D :D :D
  8. Outstanding piece of work MDN :D :D :D
  9. hahahahahahahahahahahahha [repeat several million times]...........ha!

[edited by 'Eagle' for causing a very, very wide page...] :D
  10. Credit where credit is due, MDN take a bow.

Aubrey.........don't bite, if it had been someone else you would be piss8ing yourself as well :lol: :lol:
  11. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Superb, MDN, absolutely superb! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  12. :lol: brilliant MDN wish I was so gifted with this new fangled contraption :lol:
  13. excellent :lol: :lol:
  14. Why must you all monkey around? I could go ape-shite over this, but what's the point? Simians to me you have better things to do with your time. Don't force me to make orangutan-ments to fly over there so I can place my size 12 boot up your arse.

BTW..what sort of place is Tooting, anyway? Is it an industrial area? a long series of shopping malls? or is it the typical UK suburb filled with flitting poofters?
  15. Aubrey if there's anything you would like to know about Arundel just let me know. I am there often. PM me a postal address if you'd like postcards etc posted over.