My 2020 assesment

newbie1810

Swinger
ok guys here's all the details from my recent assessment at Glencourse

Day1
arrived at the station train tickets provided by the recruitment team in good time
met by one of the assessment staff bags loaded onto the coach ID checked and then coach loaded for a 20 min approx. drive to the barracks. once there you get your bags of head into the centre grab your piss pot with your number on it keep this number remembered as that's your name for the next couple of days. starting brief where the staff will run though everything with yous about what they expect from you what you can expect from them and the layout of the assessment you'll then fill out some admin before grabbing your gear and heading up to your rooms. showers and wash rooms decent standard before sorting your bed and getting your head down for 5:30 wake up to start of day 2

Day 2
5:30 wake up shower dressed sort bed space before going down to the briefing room make sure you fill the piss pot when you wake up not like me and had to sit downing water in the med centre till I could sort it. morning brief and scoff foods not to bad either make sure you take the plate to the food or its a bollocking. back to brief room to run over the med centre procedure before heading over where you will sit for a good 6-7 hours to get through it all yes its boring but that's the way it goes dont moan you'll just piss everyone else off having to listen to your bitching in no particular order you'll get id documents handed in height weight bmi waist colour blind test breathing test eye test hearing test ECG medical history over all physical before getting your result youll also hand your piss pop in there as well tip for some buys dont worry about your bmi they are lenient with it just get down to assessment fit and prepared run your ass of that's the most important part. If you all get down you'll head to lunch before coming back and doing the mid thigh pull and med ball throw in the gym in small groups prep for your job roles goal and you'll be fine. after that you'll do your computer tests maths and English if you dont have them or haven't proved you have them with hard copy's not photo copy's you'll do the ACT test the new version of the BARB and if you need to or choose to the technical test then move onto dinner before closing brief collect your team task helmet and overalls you'll get bedding for the morning and you can go chill out upstairs shower ring your family etc then get your head down for the final day.

Day 3
5;30 wake shower sort your bedding to hand in and lay out the new bedding head to brief then off to breakfast head back to the rooms get into your team task gear and head down to the brief room for safety brief for the PTI and head down to the team tasks you'll be split into groups and instructed on the team tasks work together get involved give your ideas and listen to others ideas and dont be a dick thinking your the next star recruit because you watches sas who dares wins work as a team weather you finish the task or not do it as a team and you'll pass. straight from their to the gym get your kit of and ready for the run you'll head down to the start line and old train route that will be your warm up head off turn at the staff and come back shout your number as you pass the finish line and wait to head back give this run your all guys blow it out your arse try catch each man in front of you DO NOT WALK AT ANY POINT back up to the centre to shower bring your kit bagged down in your suit ready for your interviews where youll be told how you done and where you go from there you'll be asked some parts of your training where you'll go what you'll do. do you know the standards and values of the army if you dont your showing no interest in the job the army want guys who want to be their not people winging it apart from that good luck

Tips from my experience
dont lose the water bottle they give you
dont be a loud mouth know it all
help the other lads where you can
do your best on the run
try enjoy yourself

re joining after medical issues during phase 1 appealed my ass of took 2 years happy im getting back to it if you want it bad enough dont give up no matter what they say to you if you fail medically sort it if u can if you fail on fitness prep better next time and give it another go .

JockScot

Old-Salt
Sounds like it hasnt changed much besides the BARB since I did mine back in 2017.
re joining after medical issues during phase 1 appealed my ass of took 2 years happy im getting back to it if you want it bad enough dont give up no matter what they say to you if you fail medically sort it if u ca
Doing the exact same here, got one year left.

newbie1810

Swinger
I found it more intense on the medical and the obvious fitness test change apart from that appropriate behaviour and how you act has stayed the same.

JockScot

Old-Salt
Yeah the three hour waiting period for all the medical stuff last time was not fun, nor was walking strangely in my boxers in front of the nurse after being wired up for 5 minutes.

ok guys here's all the details from my recent assessment at Glencourse

Day1
arrived at the station train tickets provided by the recruitment team in good time
met by one of the assessment staff bags loaded onto the coach ID checked and then coach loaded for a 20 min approx. drive to the barracks. once there you get your bags of head into the centre grab your piss pot with your number on it keep this number remembered as that's your name for the next couple of days. starting brief where the staff will run though everything with yous about what they expect from you what you can expect from them and the layout of the assessment you'll then fill out some admin before grabbing your gear and heading up to your rooms. showers and wash rooms decent standard before sorting your bed and getting your head down for 5:30 wake up to start of day 2

Day 2
5:30 wake up shower dressed sort bed space before going down to the briefing room make sure you fill the piss pot when you wake up not like me and had to sit downing water in the med centre till I could sort it. morning brief and scoff foods not to bad either make sure you take the plate to the food or its a bollocking. back to brief room to run over the med centre procedure before heading over where you will sit for a good 6-7 hours to get through it all yes its boring but that's the way it goes dont moan you'll just piss everyone else off having to listen to your bitching in no particular order you'll get id documents handed in height weight bmi waist colour blind test breathing test eye test hearing test ECG medical history over all physical before getting your result youll also hand your piss pop in there as well tip for some buys dont worry about your bmi they are lenient with it just get down to assessment fit and prepared run your ass of that's the most important part. If you all get down you'll head to lunch before coming back and doing the mid thigh pull and med ball throw in the gym in small groups prep for your job roles goal and you'll be fine. after that you'll do your computer tests maths and English if you dont have them or haven't proved you have them with hard copy's not photo copy's you'll do the ACT test the new version of the BARB and if you need to or choose to the technical test then move onto dinner before closing brief collect your team task helmet and overalls you'll get bedding for the morning and you can go chill out upstairs shower ring your family etc then get your head down for the final day.

Day 3
5;30 wake shower sort your bedding to hand in and lay out the new bedding head to brief then off to breakfast head back to the rooms get into your team task gear and head down to the brief room for safety brief for the PTI and head down to the team tasks you'll be split into groups and instructed on the team tasks work together get involved give your ideas and listen to others ideas and dont be a dick thinking your the next star recruit because you watches sas who dares wins work as a team weather you finish the task or not do it as a team and you'll pass. straight from their to the gym get your kit of and ready for the run you'll head down to the start line and old train route that will be your warm up head off turn at the staff and come back shout your number as you pass the finish line and wait to head back give this run your all guys blow it out your arse try catch each man in front of you DO NOT WALK AT ANY POINT back up to the centre to shower bring your kit bagged down in your suit ready for your interviews where youll be told how you done and where you go from there you'll be asked some parts of your training where you'll go what you'll do. do you know the standards and values of the army if you dont your showing no interest in the job the army want guys who want to be their not people winging it apart from that good luck

Tips from my experience
dont lose the water bottle they give you
dont be a loud mouth know it all
help the other lads where you can
do your best on the run
try enjoy yourself

re joining after medical issues during phase 1 appealed my ass of took 2 years happy im getting back to it if you want it bad enough dont give up no matter what they say to you if you fail medically sort it if u can if you fail on fitness prep better next time and give it another go .
Congrats Mate. Does your Barb test score show on the screen immediately after you have completed the test?

newbie1810

Swinger
Congrats Mate. Does your Barb test score show on the screen immediately after you have completed the test?
No you won’t know any results till the interview the onky one you’ll know is the ball throw because it’s marked out everything else is kept till interview to insure you give it 100% at each test.

Latest Threads