Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

MWST rates in BFG

If you take the "with tax price0 divide by 119 and multiply by 100 you will arrive at the tax free price.

Example £123
divuided by 119 =1.0336
Muly by 100 = £103.36

But an item with a tax free price of £100 is 100x1.19 = £119

The £100 (inl tax) works out at 100/119x100=£84.03

Basic third class maths.

redwhiteandblue said:
big_bad_bill said:
I think you've got your basic assumption wrong. The price the shops charge is the net price PLUS 19% MWST. Taking 19% off the gross price will not get you back to the net.

ie 100 + 19% = 119

119 - 19% = 96.39

Does that make it any clearer?

I understand that clearly.

If i paid 100 for it then i would expect 19 back in mwst so i would pay 81

if i paid 119 then i would pay 96.39

but if i divide 119 by 1.19 then i get 100 so my tax rate is less. 100 - 96.39 = 3.61

if i do a percentage sum ie divide by 100 then multiply by the % then the figure is less than that of the amount i actually pay, using the calculation that the mwst office uses.

seems to me that we are getting a bum deal from the tax releif thing.

This is what I mean about getting the basic assumption wrong.

Please try and understand before one of us dies.

As other people have already said, if an item costs €119, €100 is the net price and €19 is the tax. Roger so far?

ie they work out the gross price by adding 19% to the net price.

Therefore you cannot take 19% off the gross price because you'll get a different figure as you did above.

Christ, I didn't have this much trouble explaining the old LSSA 2 year rule to grunts.

Thats the right way of doing it follow this

lets say you wanna buy a bike tax free that would cost €100 (Tax free price is always worked out first then 19%added) plus tax that would be €119.

So to get the tax free price you gotta take 15.96% from 119 = 100(not 15.91 as your guys are working it out)

If you take 19% from 119 you get 96.39 which is cheaper than the tax free price

Simple maths guys hope that helps.

aye a'right i get it now, holy sh1t cant believe i did not get this the 1st time of explaining. i suppose half the regiment must be thick too cause every one i asked about it agreed with me even the clerks (although that doesn't suprise me).

zxninerpilot said:
I can't understand what all the bleating is about. Even if you pay the MWST on your goods, it's still a million times cheaper than buying it back here in rip off Britain.

Stop moaning and start spending. Get as much credit out there as you can too. Naafi do a good line in extortionate loans.

aye nae bother hotrod with an attitude like that i'll be skint in nae time.