MW&S 1972 135-7280

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by ugly, May 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Are the markings inside a pouch or 3 I found today. It looks like good quality 58 pattern from the clips, so good in fact that I first thought it was 44 pattern.
    I thought it looked like the 44 pattern prismatic compass holder but the flap is more of a high belt loop.
    I put a few articles inside lots fitted but nothing that screams out "this is what its for!"
    Any ideas lads?
    Hers a few pics:
  2. have you tried binos gs?
  3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Far too small to be binos of any issue pattern! I have Steiner 8 x 30 and they are similar to the old WW2 and beyond binos but far too large to fit in.
  4. Officers hip-flask maybe. Filled with medicinal gin of course.
  5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I have enough hip flasks to use all 3 pouches and then some, must get a growler for my christmas present. I think thts probably what they will be used for. If any arrser has a need let me know they were only 2.95 each.
  6. Don't know for sure what they are or were for, i was given one and used to put the Issued Hexi Stove in to it.
  7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

That would fit but where on your cefo would this go?
  8. Naughty boy with the grenades though.

Why have you painted the No5 (or No17 i can't make it out very well) a hideous green colour?
  9. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

The Mills (Generic?) is a cast resin, the others are cast iron bodies with fired levers, available from E Bay. Not sure where my buckshees ended up when I left!
    There is nothing on show that requires certification. I should know I have enough on certificate!
  10. looks like the stuff slivermans used to flogg as SAS webbing
  11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

It certainly will hang low enough below the belt but not much use without a closure?
    P.S. I dont think your brother has recognised me yet!
  12. It's either a '62 patt Tupperware sandwich-box holder as issued to the HAC

It was a trials pouch designed to help seat the butt of an SLR carried in the high-port in NI; as they did in days goneby
  13. Not sure where on the belt you would wear it on the belt, sorry, I used to put the Hexi Stove in it and then put it in to a PLCE Util pouch.
  14. ugly,

netleynurse's second answer is your winner.

15. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Excellent, apart from Hexi telly what can I use it for? I dont use an SLR anymore, not even on deer!