muvvers bless 'em

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
Whilst in training in Cove in 1970 I wrote home to me mum saying that all the corporals were bastards , but the grub is good later on I said here's my army number and we are called Sappers so address all mail to Sapper 242.. sirbhp... spider six southwood camp Cove ...
A week later I get a letter to

Corporal 242 sir BHP etc

and 20 press-ups for being a Walt before walts were invented. thanks Mum.

How about you lot ?

I lived in Cove in the late 50s/early sixties.

My parents called the milkman Frosty Nose (no idea why but the winters were bloody cold then).

My father was in (on?) Christmas Island for about a year. I guess money was tight back then because my mother did not have the cash to pay the milkman. When he rang the bell on Friday my mother told me to be quiet and pretend we were out.

I went to the door and shouted "Mr Frosty Nose. We are not in" through the letterbox.

I don't know why she didn't just shag him like all the other wives did.

AAGF

RIP
RIP
Lived out in a hiring on Anglesy - address as follows:

3 Gorfyswa Estate
Dwyran
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Anglesey, N. Wales

Unfortunately, I forgot to tell Mum it could be abbreviated to LlanfairPG - she laboriously wrote the whole thing out on a foolscap envelope ...

TedssonRegards st: 5946664 said:
I lived in Cove in the late 50s/early sixties.

My parents called the milkman Frosty Nose (no idea why but the winters were bloody cold then).

My father was in (on?) Christmas Island for about a year. I guess money was tight back then because my mother did not have the cash to pay the milkman. When he rang the bell on Friday my mother told me to be quiet and pretend we were out.

I went to the door and shouted "Mr Frosty Nose. We are not in" through the letterbox.

I don't know why she didn't just shag him like all the other wives did.
He did !

Kind Regards
Frosty Nose :)

Shortly after arriving at Cambrai for RACTR, the Training Corporal (Wolfie) instructed us that we should write home with our address, so that worried mums could keep in touch. He gave us all an example to be followed.

Several days later we were summoned by the Troop Leader to try to determine why we'd all changed our names to Tpr Snooks.

Could'nt resist mate.....Have a like :)

Unless you are at least 76 my mum is guilty of statutory rape and kiddy fiddling.

Mind you, you would have. She was a cracker in the looks department and had huge norks. So big that I weighed 9 stone when I was 2 years old.

I was at a family do once and some knob asked my dad what first attracted him to my mother. We just looked at each other and burst out laughing.

Edited to add: not sure why recoverymech gave you a steamer. Presumably by accident given the sensitivity of this new ranking system.

Wolfie 4RTR?

Unless you are at least 76 my mum is guilty of statutory rape and kiddy fiddling.

Mind you, you would have. She was a cracker in the looks department and had huge norks. So big that I weighed 9 stone when I was 2 years old.

I was at a family do once and some knob asked my dad what first attracted him to my mother. We just looked at each other and burst out laughing.

Edited to add: not sure why recoverymech gave you a steamer. Presumably by accident given the sensitivity of this new ranking system.
He's a troll mate dont worry .....

Latest Threads