Muslims who hate us can get out, says Tory

About time somebody stepped up to the plate and put their neck on the line! :D

Quelle suprise, the liberals have criticised him for stirring up inter-racial hate. Only problem is that a leading muslim MP has backed his stance!

MUSLIMS who resent the British way of life should leave the UK, regardless of whether they are citizens or not, a senior Conservative said last night in comments that have heightened already tense community relations.

Gerald Howarth, the shadow defence minister, last night told The Scotsman that extremist Muslims who see the Iraq war as a conflict against Islam should be considered as treacherous as Soviet sympathisers during the Cold War. His remarkable claim shatters the tri-party consensus which Michael Howard, the Tory leader, sought to make with Tony Blair, the Prime Minister, and the Liberal Democrats.

Mr Howarth said yesterday that he is incensed by suggestions from Jack Straw, the Foreign Secretary, that Britain is "part of the problem" in Iraq - and said that the problem in the UK lies in fanatical Muslims living within our shores.

He is the first mainstream UK politician to suggest that extremist British Muslims should leave for Islamic societies. The government is looking at deporting foreign-born nationals and imprisoning British Muslims who incite or glorify terrorism.

"If they don't like our way of life, there is a simple remedy: go to another country, get out," Mr Howarth said. Asked what if these people were born in Britain, he replied: "Tough. If you don't give allegiance to this country, then leave."

He added: "There are plenty of other countries whose way of life would appear to be more conducive to what they aspire to. They would be happy and we would be happy."

This was the overwhelming view of people he spoke to, the Tory MP for Aldershot added.

Mr Howarth compared those who despised British values to the traitors who spied for Russia. The shadow defence minister also criticised his colleague, Dominic Grieve, the shadow attorney general, who suggested the suicide bombings were "explicable" by the anger many British Muslims felt over the war and the state of Islam.

Mr Howarth stressed that the majority of Muslims did adhere to British values and described how the Union Flag had been flown at a meeting he had with Muslims over the weekend. However, his remarks were condemned as "arrogant" and "naive" by the Muslim Association of Britain.

Its spokesman, Anas Altikriti, compared the Tory defence spokesman to those who carried out the attacks on London, saying: "They bombed in order to eliminate people, while he is proposing to eliminate people by deporting them."

He also questioned to which country Mr Howarth proposed Muslims should go, as there were no Muslim countries as such, just Muslim people.

Mr Howarth was criticised by Sir Menzies Campbell, the Lib Dem deputy leader, who warned the outburst risked inflaming religious and ethnic tensions.

However, Mr Howarth's views were backed by the leading Muslim politician Mohammed Sarwar, a Glasgow MP who chairs Muslim Friends of Labour. "When it comes to extremists, for example Omar Bakri and Abu Hamza and what they are advocating, then I agree with what Mr Howarth said. There is absolutely no room for people like them in a civilised, democratic society like ours," Mr Sarwar said.
Welldone that man!

[c]Scotsman

G

Goku

Well done Gerald, I fully support that man in what he said.

Immigrants who cant accept our laws and culture should leave.

It's all very well a mainstream politician voicing common sense. But as we all know - the words mean bugger all without the corresponding actions. It is, of course, typical that whining pinkos have branded this 'likely to stir racial hatred.' It was their wet attitude towards these criminals which has caused us all the bother.

The government needs to grow some cojones and forcibly eject its enemies.. Im holding out hope for some kind of 'A-Team' like vigilante group to nail those maggots who keep appearing on Newsnight and spouting inflammatory sh1te because they never got any of mummy's attention.

But to have someone even say something like this, in these times, is a good start, I think. Here's to you, Howarth.

Does he have a slender majority?

Perhaps he doesn't have many Muslim voters in his constituency?

Perhaps he's been up to no good and is seeking to divert attention from something else?

There'll be some self-seeking or politically expedient reason for him to come out of the woodwork. That much can be virtually guaranteed. As for Mr Sarwar's comments, we're not civilised and we're not democratic (whatever that means)

frenchperson said:
Does he have a slender majority?

Perhaps he doesn't have many Muslim voters in his constituency?

Perhaps he's been up to no good and is seeking to divert attention from something else?

There'll be some self-seeking or politically expedient reason for him to come out of the woodwork. That much can be virtually guaranteed. As for Mr Sarwar's comments, we're not civilised and we're not democratic (whatever that means)
Either contribute something useful or do one!

Do you agree with him or not?

I know this may seem tasteless, but has anyone noticed how since the terrorist attacks, the government (and the media) have finally woken upto the problem that is radical islam.

Perhaps, somne good will come out of their premature deaths, or will it all be hot air and no real action taken?

.I totally agree with what Gerard says

If people want to live in Britian they should adapt to live by British rules,and be of use to the country not have Britian adapt to them and give them hand outs

I am dam sure if some one decided to live in Iran, Eygpt, or where ever it would be them that had to blend in with the society, not stand there spouting off stuff to try and turn people on there own country. If that happend in a arab nation you would probablly be stoned to death or something.

frigging hell i cant believe it...i had to read it twice...can a tory who lives in an ivory tower really know what us real people having been saying for years? If we were to live in their country, we would have to abide by their rules and laws...hell all you have to do is look at gulf war 1 and the way the saudis made us hide anything religious in the desert..thanks saudi...next time we should let you lot rot in hell under some ruthless dictator...opps you already were....they come to this country and then tell us that they want to change to a similar country to the one that they just left and came here claiming that they were under a sentence of death in that country.....nah if they like OUR country...GO HOME....or in the case of the ones born here...move to saudi and dont come back...we wont miss you....

Oh before anyone says you rasisct...i aint...just fed up being told they have more rights than me.....

I would have thought that standing on a soapbox encouraging all and sundry to tear down the mechanisms of state and replace them with a theological dictatorship was treason. Why, oh why can we not prosecute them for treason?

It's like our local news reporting on the case of the ned that killed a 2 year old with an air gun, after all the calls for new laws etc to "enable the police to do something" had died down the media reports that he has actually been charged for 16 separate offences.

We don't need new laws, we just need a will to prosecute existing ones. Oh and a wall of sandbags in a corner of the prison courtyard where we can take worthless politicians for a last look at life.

Sabre wrote:

.I totally agree with what Gerard says

If people want to live in Britian they should adapt to live by British rules,and be of use to the country not have Britian adapt to them and give them hand outs

I am dam sure if some one decided to live in Iran, Eygpt, or where ever it would be them that had to blend in with the society, not stand there spouting off stuff to try and turn people on there own country. If that happend in a arab nation you would probablly be stoned to death or something

I fukcing hate it when someone takes the words out of my mouth...

Well said Sabre

GoodIdeaAtTheTime said:
I would have thought that standing on a soapbox encouraging all and sundry to tear down the mechanisms of state and replace them with a theological dictatorship was treason. Why, oh why can we not prosecute them for treason?

It's like our local news reporting on the case of the ned that killed a 2 year old with an air gun, after all the calls for new laws etc to "enable the police to do something" had died down the media reports that he has actually been charged for 16 separate offences.

We don't need new laws, we just need a will to prosecute existing ones. Oh and a wall of sandbags in a corner of the prison courtyard where we can take worthless politicians for a last look at life.
Exactly!

No need for new laws, just enforce the ones we have already!

One of the biggest problems in our country is when we have 2nd and 3ard generations of kids born in this country

They are brought up in a western way but there religion takes 1st place in stead of there culture

In my opinion our government should bring in new rules which states your country comes first and religion takes 2nd place

People are not forced to live in our country, but they think they can be adopted in our country then think they can take over it with there culture and beliefs.

Our parents and grandparents worked hard for what we have to day.

The majority of international and European people who decide to be adopted in our country work hard, but it is the chosen few who decide they want to spoil everything

Latest Threads