Muslims stand against PC B0ll0X

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by thegimp, Feb 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Muslims to pay school's legal fight to uphold niqab ban

2. Good for them
  3. Well done them, and at last someone is prepared to actually name where most of the drive to institute this is coming from.
  4. Could someone explain to me (if the fact is correct) why on earth the father was given LEGAL AID to fight the school. He should pay or represent himself; I don't consider it a matter of public interest.
  5. I'm curious as to why legal aid was granted to fight a school's uniform code too.

I'd also like to know if MECO have a paypal account set up for donations.

Something as small and insignificant seemingly as this, could well be the rallying point for a turning of the tide, especially if backed by the najority of muslims.
  6. It's a very good point. Jilbabs, niqabs, burqas and so on are not Islamic dress. They're regional clothing from the middle east, nothing to do with religion. It's like the Pope making all women dress up like the Virgin Mary.
  7. Well done to them for standing up to be counted.
    If the father has been given legal aid to fight this so called human rights case should the school also get legal aid.

The only issue here is if the girl does not wish to abide by the schools rules (dress code) why should the school be forced to change its rule just for her.

If you dont like it you dont have to stay in that school.
  8. Don't get too excited.

That's the mainstream islamic press apologising for accusing MECO of takfir (over his views on jilbab etc) - 8 months it took them. I doubt they see eye to eye all of a sudden. Still, best of British to 'em and I hope they get the support they'll need.
  9. I'd like to know the age of this child. 16 or 17 years of age? Or the same age as the child that my sister teaches. She is 8 years of age and wears, with the blessing of the governors of this particular sink school, a full niqab. Having lustful thoughts over an 8 year old who isn't properly covered? Doesn't say much for the mental stability of our male, Muslim 'brothers', does it?
  10. Wahhabism run riot; which is about right come to think of it...
  11. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

School uniform is school uniform. If it is the policy of a school to require the wearing of a uniform, then there should be no 'allowances' for personal or cultural preferences. If this was allowable, I would have expected to wear jeans to school.

If it is religious attire they wish to wear, this should be worn in an Islamic school, not a mainstream state school.

The moderates who are fighting this have my full support.
  12. About time... glimmer of common sense braking through it would seem
  13. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Meanwhile, what Sharia Law means in practice:

20 Face Lash for Dancing in Saudi Arabia

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia Feb 4, 2007 (AP)— A Saudi Arabian judge sentenced 20 foreigners to receive lashes and spend several months in prison after convicting them of attending a party where alcohol was served and men and women danced, a newspaper reported Sunday.

The defendants were among 433 foreigners, including some 240 women, arrested by the kingdom's religious police for attending the party in Jiddah, the state-guided newspaper Okaz said. It did not identify the foreigners, give their nationalities or say when the party took place.

Judge Saud al-Boushi sentenced the 20 to prison terms of three to four months and ordered them to receive an unspecified number of lashes, the newspaper said. They have the right to appeal, it added.

The prosecutor general charged the 20 with "drinking, arranging for impudent party, mixed dancing and shooting a video for the party," Okaz said.

The paper said the rest of those arrested were awaiting trial.

Saudi Arabia follows a strict interpretation of Islam under which it bans alcohol and meetings between unrelated men and women.

The religious police, a force resented by many Saudis for interfering in personal lives, enjoys wide powers. Its officers roam malls, markets, universities and other public places looking for such infractions as unrelated men and women mingling, men skipping Islam's five daily prayers and women with strands of hair showing from under their veil.

In May, the Interior Ministry restricted the powers of the religious police to just arresting suspects, because the police sometimes had held people incommunicado and insisted on taking part in ensuing investigations.

No PC B@llocks there - they are quite happy (not that they have a choice, unless they are wealthy) to live in the 7th Century, and are highly unlikely to introduce any form of multiculturalism!
  14. Nothing to get exited about this is Taj Hargey having a pop a Saudi not "pc b*llocks"
  15. Pleas not everyone I DO NOT support the father being given legal aid, however the probable reason why is because he is challenging a Public Authority who he claims is breaching his Human Rights, that and the fact of his income would have led them to award Legal Aid, at least I hope it is these reasons and not because of his faith.