Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Muslims only recruitment drive

The army apparantly hosted its first Muslim-only recruitment drive today (see here).
Just a publicity stunt or likely to do start doing real good in terms of changing perceptions and increasing numbers?

GM_1000 said:
The army apparantly hosted its first Muslim-only recruitment drive today (see here).
Just a publicity stunt or likely to do start doing real good in terms of changing perceptions and increasing numbers?

Says they went to Gamecock Bks Nuneaton..... 30 Sig Regt then...! :wink:

So when will the Buddhist only.... Christian only..... Pagan only recruiting days start........ :? what next ..... Muslim only regiments...... :? christ (allah) on a bike, PC gone mad..... :roll:

Served with jews, sikhs, jonny gurkhas, atheists and even a buddhist.... squaddies all. The only religion you'll ever need.... :D (ever met a god bothering padre? not me all the one's I've met were mental...! :D )

Why not target different sections of the community when recruiting? Recruiters have targetted the gay community, university graduates, females etc. Any number of Muslims have served the crown for hundreds of years voluntarily, what's new?

Anyway don't forget the young British Muslim from the same area of Birmingham who was killed in Sangin on 1 Jul 06 - Lance Corporal Jabron Hashmi.

Biscuits_AB said:
Just as long as they don't take their training elsewhere eh?

The Ahmadis are quite an intriguing bunch. One of my anthropology lecturers did research on/with them. They have a lot written about them, and I believe are not considered Muslim in countries such as Pakistan (and by reports endure persecution) thus they mainly have migrated away from Muslim countries preferring the West. They (I am told) actively sponsor intermarriage between 'races', highly regard education (especially science) particularly for their womenfolk, and are strongly in favour of full integration with the host societies (hence the marriages with indigenous converts). The main point of contention which prohibits them from mainstream Islam (both Sh'ite and Sunni) is that they believe that their 'founder' was another prophet, interpreting Muhammad as a 'seal of the prophets' in a different way to both the Sunni and Shia. I think I'm right in thinking they are barred entry to Mecca if they declare this theological position. While Saudi is Sunni, and could be considered 'home' to salafi/wahabbi thought, Shia are still permitted entry to Mecca.

It is rumoured that this group was in origin very close to Imperial British Intelligence during the Raj, and this abides with whispers (amongst traditional & orthodox Islam) that the Ahmadi work with MI6 (MI5) here in the UK, and one might presume with the CIA/FBI in America. I believe that the organisation's leader is now resident in the USA.

(I believe they also have their own channel on sky for anyone who can speak Urdu ;))

I can see the posters, do you think I'll look good in a Kitchner type pose...LOL ;)

But seriously I actually watched the report today and thought 'Oh well that's going to do more harm than good with the majority of Muslims'

SkiCarver said:
Nehustan said:
But seriously I actually watched the report today and thought 'Oh well that's going to do more harm than good with the majority of Muslims'

Please explain.

Ski.

Well given that the group is already rumored to have helped Imperial intelligence, the fact the army puts on a day for especially this community will only confirm the suspicion previously held.