MUSLIMS KILLED IN THE SERVICE OF THE CROWN DIE MARTYRS

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by Watcher, Dec 11, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Careful your NUJ card is showing.

Yes we can all read the newspapers with the small print on, now fcuk off back to grubb street :evil:

2. Don't be nasty subsonic, this is a positive engagement from sectors of the Muslim Community.

3. Wrong; closest I get to the press is the Angling Times; hope you don't do Humint. Just thought it might be of interest.

xx

4. I believe Watcher posted this here, because of a Muslim Int. Corps member recently KIA.

How does this make him a journalist? He's posted a link to an article, and the usual MO of journalistas is not to , and of course, to open the bowling with "My mate told me that......."

Still , whilst we're on the subject of multiple identities and acting as agents provocateur......

5. The article makes specific mention of Lance Corporal Hashmi and so I thought it would be of particular interest to members of the Corps who might not have seen it.

I am particularly offended at being called a journalist although it isn't quite as bad as being called a politician or an estate agent. As it is I'm comfortable with engineer [smily face if only I could find one].

M

6. PTP, Care to share the int?? :wink:

7. If Watcher is genuine then I will be the first to appologise, however there are anumber of people in this community seeking to cause wider unrest. The moderators know this.

I do not think that a discussion about the symantics of language does anyone any good, particularly where religion is concerned. Heaven knows I have seen enough killing in my lifetime in the name of so-called Religion.

In my family there are a number of Catholics and I am aware that martyrdom is a phrase that means meany things to many men, I was outside Hasting Street the day Bobby Sands died. I saw no martyrs there, but certainly remebered a real one whenever I passed the old bus station a few hundered yards away.Sgt Michael Willets

I am on record elsewhere around here that I do not believe that one religion or culture had any devine right to ram it's views down the neck of any other. The people of Babylon had civilisation a long time before we did.

If they want to call him a Martyr, then I can live with that, they can call him what they like, unless it becomes offensive. And I think some of us have recent understanding of how to deal with offensive websites.

A better man than me has touched on this clash of cultures elsewhereMaj Bill Edmonds

One of my interpreters put it more succinctly, " I am not a Bosniac, I am not a Serb, I am not a Croat, I am a member of the human race "

If I have caused offence, then I appologise, If I am a bit of a cynic, I appologise. Such cynicism has in the past kept people alive and helped to put those that would do evil, away.

8. Well said

You had one of those as well eh? Now living in London/NYC/Paris no doubt.

9. Sub-sonic,

No problem.

When Corporal Hashmi was killed I, like all of us, was particularly offended by some of the so called Muslim leaders who said that he was some kind of traitor or apostate. I thought the article in yesterday's papers was an interesting counter point.

W

10. Just thought this might help.

11. muah ha ha :)

touche there sub lol

12. Thanks Subsonic.

Not being familiar the term Dar al-Islam I checked with Wikipedia; this is a very interesting definition; Dar al Islam being a place of submission (to Islam and Dar al Harb being a place of war (i.e. not islamised yet!).

"Dar al-Islam and its associated terms are not found in the two most basic works of Islam, the Qur'an and the Hadith. Some modern Muslim scholars maintain that the labeling of a country or place as dar al-Islam or dar al-harb revolves around the question of religious security. This means that if a Muslim practices Islam freely in his place of abode, then he will be considered as living in a dar al-Islam, even if he happens to live in a secular or non-Islamic country. Traditional definitions tend to focus on which religion holds ultimate authority."