Muslims in the forces

Chust wondering.....
When I joined up, due to the troubles in NI, anyone with a hint of an Irish bloodline had to pretty much jump through hoops to get in, and for good reason. The fact we could be training up soldiers who were gaining experience and intelligence for the IRA was uppermost in many peoples minds.

Does the same apply to Muslims attempting to join up with regard to the situation in the Middle East?

afcass said:
Chust wondering.....
When I joined up, due to the troubles in NI, anyone with a hint of an Irish bloodline had to pretty much jump through hoops to get in, and for good reason. The fact we could be training up soldiers who were gaining experience and intelligence for the IRA was uppermost in many peoples minds.

Does the same apply to Muslims attempting to join up with regard to the situation in the Middle East?
sorry i couldn't understand what you were saying with your mothers cock in your mouth, do try again

We try to recruit gay muslims and then use them as suicide bummers.

Don't listen to them.

Todays modern army maintains a robust open door policy as dictated by nu laber.

All aplicants are accepted with open arms (and hugs during frequent one to one seccions with your councilor) and your political and religous beliefs are no bar what so ever to you joining.

Of course you may be requested to check your svest at the armoury but if you need to wear it round camp for religous reasons an exception will be made. You will also be allowed to have more than one married quarter to house all your wives, camels, goats etc.

Before you qualify for a quarter there will be no problem with you broadcasting the call to prayer at 3 in the morning during Ramadan and should anyone seek to curtail your religous rights and freedoms they will of course be politley asked to leave as there services will no longer be required.

We hope you understood this message but if the small size of the font caused you undue eye strain we will pay you compensation for your pain.

vvaannmmaann said:
TheBigUn said:
Good God,don't mention the "G" word.You'll get keel hauled.
I like to (think I) live dangerously :wink:

We turn them into newts.

They get better.

smartascarrots said:
We turn them into newts.
Pissed as and eating bacon.

vvaannmmaann said:
TheBigUn said:
Good God,don't mention the "G" word.You'll get keel hauled.
Absolutley correct, don't say "gay muslims" you should say "spunk eating muslims". You'll have the Police Pink Oboe Squad kicking your back doors in any minute now.

JonnoJonno said:
I believe they have to attend a Water Board
snigger snigger.

Slightly off tread but what´s the score with Ramadam in the army? I´d be pretty threaders doing a full days work without so much as a glass of water from sun rise to sun set.

Jorrocks said:
Slightly off tread but what´s the score with Ramadam in the army? I´d be pretty threaders doing a full days work without so much as a glass of water from sun rise to sun set.
As with most things Islamic, there is a degree of flexability- for instance if you are traveling you do not need to fast during the daytime in Ramadan. And if you are required to do heavy work and manual labour you are covered as well.

Islam is actually pretty flexable- you don't HAVE to pray with in the set times if it is not possible, you can eat pig if the only other option is starvation etc.

I used to find with my crew that if I had pissed them off that was when we had to stop to pray- and stopping on the ring road between Kandahar and Lash was not something I liked doing!

Jorrocks said:
Thats if you are that strict, Ive a mate who loves to eat pork, gamble and drink, like he really gives a crap

Most muslims who join the forces are a pretty brave lot - some of them defying their own communities by signing up for Queen and Country. It's called integration, and it works pretty well in some places.

I like you get pretty cheesed off when it becomes some political PR gimmick - like the first female reds pilot etc. Fact remains it's a blinking good pilot who just happens to be female, so what's the big deal folks.