Muslims Discover the Americas!

Rubbish. Good old Noah was sailing his Ark up and down, Remember, he had two of every animal down there in the bowels. Mrs Noah came up one day and said "you know what it's like down there? 3 months we've been sailing up and down and those animals are causing a hell (forgive me Lord, I know not what I say) of a stink".
So Noah got Shem, Ham and Japheth to dig out the shovels and dump it all into the sea.
Five thousand years later, Columbus came along, saw the result and called it America.

ACAB

LE
Erdogan is another Islamic bellend intent on turning what was the most secular Muslim Country on earth into another islamic shit hole. Can't wait until they are accepted into the EU :-x

Theoretically possible as the Arabic world had some decent long-range mariners. It completely ignores the same inconvenient fact as the Columbus claim, though - there were folk living there already so their ancestors had clearly discovered it beforehand. They might not even have been the first.

D

Deleted 60082

Theoretically possible as the Arabic world had some decent long-range mariners. It completely ignores the same inconvenient fact as the Columbus claim, though - there were folk living there already so their ancestors had clearly discovered it beforehand. They might not even have been the first.
By the late 15th Century the Mediterranean was an Ottoman Sea, under Barbarossa (Oruç and then his younger, and now more famous brother, Hayrettin, Sultan of Algiers). This effectively blocked the Mediterranean/Akdeniz to the Portuguese and Spanish (and to a lesser extent the Genovese), forcing them to look west.

Meanwhile, France had signed a treaty with Hayrettin and for a while Toulon and Nice were Ottoman cities. Hayrettin went to Sultan Selim I and asked to explore across the Atlantic (he had the ships, which until 1589 were superior to any 'Christian' ones) but the Grand Vizier (the Sultan's Prime Minister) was worried by the possible power vacuum that could result with Hayrettin out and about on the Atlantic, and preferred that power in the Mediterranean and Red Sea was consolidated.

How history would have been different if Hayrettin (Barbarossa) and his capable fleets of dual-propulsion vessels had reached 'Amerika' first. Just as Erdoğan believes now happened. Yeah, right.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted 60082

Erdogan is another Islamic bellend intent on turning what was the most secular Muslim Country on earth into another islamic shit hole. Can't wait until they are accepted into the EU :-x
As if the rest of the Continental EU will allow that to happen...

D

Deleted 60082

I don't know about the Americas but they certainly were one of the first to discover the UK benefits system.
Not strictly true; the entry criteria for Turks into the UK is high; moreover as non EU their entitlement to benefits is very limited.

Always thought the Vikings were on continental America first no doubt st a time when Islam did not exist and Muhammed was still swimming around in his dads ball bag.

Muslim Corsair pirates from Northern Africa raided as far as the east coast of North America, Iceland and the Caribean, but this was much later than the Vikings or Columbus in America. For denturies they terrorised the European Mediterranean coasts with their slave raids, until, after the Napoleonic Wars, first the Septics sent their Marines to Tripoli in Libya and shot the place to bits (the 19th century equivalent of a carpet bombing, still allowed back then) and, when this didn't help, a combined fleet from several European countries, including the UK, France and the Netherlands, did the same to other pirate bases in this region. The French waltzing in and making Algeria and Tunesia a colony gave them the rest.

Mattb

LE
As Carrots points out, America was discovered by Americans (native ones, that is)

Talking out of my bum, via a mobile telephone.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
So it wasn't the Vikings then ? you know the ones who got there before Islam existed ?
As Carrots points out, America was discovered by Americans (native ones, that is)

Talking out of my bum, via a mobile telephone.
Who came from Siberia IIRC

Did he give an estimate of how many more millenia before they discover a sense of humour?

And even the theory that the native Americans came over from asia during the last ice age is largely getting put aside from growing eviidance that there were also travellers from neolithic europe too (arriving before the asiatic settlers) as well as South American incursions and probably regular sea traffic accross the atlantic going back a few thousand years:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solutrean_hypothesis

http://www.grahamhancock.com/forum/DewhurstR1.php an intersting book ,especially when it talks about the Lake Superior copper mines: http://www.grahamhancock.com/forum/WakefieldJS1.php?p=1

The great shame is that many, many ancient North American sites were destroyed in the period from 1850 into the early 20th century during the big land grabs and city building programs.

1280px-Monks_Mound_in_July.JPG

1920px-Grave_Creek_Mound.jpg

Last edited:

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
RIP
Brendan.