Muslim woman barred from flight for refusing body-scan.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Biped, Mar 3, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Firstly, I want to say "whoopie doo, nice one, well done that airport!" There, said it.

Apart from that, anyone tempted to jangle their janglies whilst being scanned or better still, have an amusing item down their kecks in case they get called through, or is that just a bit childish?
  2. Why the hell was she allowed to leave her luggage at the airport ?? That sounds really suspicious .
  3. Good. Well done airport staff.

4. Good. Perhaps the other passengers could point out that it was their right to travel on a plane without having to worry about someone who had not gone through the appropriate security checks as they had done. Ah well, I', sure Luton is a great deal more pleasant than Pakistan in early March.
  5. So the baggage handlers can steal from it , stooopid! :D
  6. Headline should read that a passenger has not been boarded as they refused to be subjected to a search by security.

What has anything else got to do with it?
  7. Probably the neat circle of cause-and-effect .......
  8. Or send it to New York.
  9. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Oh, well ... it was inevitable, I guess. Didn't take long to happen, either!

I'm delighted that the airport held their ground; there's one Law for everyone in UK, regardless of race/colour/religion.

And now there's something else for the PC Brigade to whine about. :D
  10. Not so sure about that, have travelled through Luton and Karachi airports and the only difference appeared to be the number of Europeans, there were more in Karachi.
  11. Are you sure that we're on the same page here?! I would prefer a cardboard box in a puddle than a mansion in bury park!
  12. Not convinced.

It's her right to refuse to be scanned, just as it's anyone's right not to get a passport or to carry ID (or 'papers'). So I wouldn't suggest that there's an immediate reason to arrest her.

It would however suggest that her luggage gets a good looking over with one of these and that a black omega parks outside her house for a couple of days.
  13. Could'nt agree more,

If the PC brigade have a more positive constructive alternatives (HO proven & tested) then instead of moaning about 'privacy' laws they should put their words into action :roll:
  14. Hang on, why should somebody be arrested if they refuse to go through the scanner. Are we now approving the arrest of anybody who doesn't sit up and beg like a good little citizen?
  15. Perhaps because refusing to be searched in a secure area leads one to believe that they are actually up to no good/carrying. I am sure that the catch all act should have made it possible for her to be taken aside and given a strip search by a female team equipped for full body cavity search etc.