Muslim Troops in AFG

#1
Has anyone else just seen the article on the 10pm News about Troops from the UAE in Afganistan? The Major being interviewed had been there, if I heard right, for two years. The UAE Troops appear to be doing a damm good job
 
#2
I have just found out that there are troops from the UAE working in Afghanistan as part of the humanitarian effort.

although they are not part of the war fighting they have been targetted by Terry and have faught their way out of ambushes etc.

They are taking a different way of giving out aid to the locals, building mosques first and then schools etc after that.



Are there any other troops from the Mid East - and if not, why not?
 
#4
Yeah just seen it myself. It goes on the same lines of the Gurkhas having a good rep in Afghanistan with the locals.
They also seemed to be well equipped, but then UAE being the rich country it is, you shouldnt be surprised!
 
#6
Threads already been done mate.
 
#8
Be all well and good if they didn't thin out during the night to go and defect to the Talibs and hand over all there kit, weapons and ammo to them wouldn't it.
 
#9
307 said:
Be all well and good if they didn't thin out during the night to go and defect to the Talibs and hand over all there kit, weapons and ammo to them wouldn't it.
What are the figures for this happening? A link would be nice too.
 
#11
Sven said:
307 said:
Be all well and good if they didn't thin out during the night to go and defect to the Talibs and hand over all there kit, weapons and ammo to them wouldn't it.
What are the figures for this happening? A link would be nice too.
I really hate to agree with you sven (out of principle you understand), but I'd be interested in some sort of proof too.

Tubs
 
#12
Muslim troops will by the nature of their religion be openly welcomed by fellow Islamics.
However if they become required to get involved in a shooting war then I do consider that they would soon become suspect.
I do not like to criticize other folks religious believes but sometime religion is ( on the ground) stronger then their government commitments ( on Paper)
john
 
#14
jonwilly said:
Muslim troops will by the nature of their religion be openly welcomed by fellow Islamics.
However if they become required to get involved in a shooting war then I do consider that they would soon become suspect.
I do not like to criticize other folks religious believes but sometime religion is ( on the ground) stronger then their government commitments ( on Paper)
john
Apparently these troops have already had to defend themselves against considerable aggression
 
#16
Yes Gents,
Even I'd fight for my life if Al Fed was the opposition. Not nice to infidels and quite merciless to fellow Islamics who are rejecting the Al Fred doctrain.
john
 
#17
jonwilly said:
Muslim troops will by the nature of their religion be openly welcomed by fellow Islamics.
However if they become required to get involved in a shooting war then I do consider that they would soon become suspect.
I do not like to criticize other folks religious believes but sometime religion is ( on the ground) stronger then their government commitments ( on Paper)
john
my bold

Then explain the Iran Iraq war and the Turks and Kurds. I’m sure there are others but two off the top of my head and just remembered the GW1 when large Muslim forces turned dup to the fight.
 
#18
#20
I only know of the one instance of it hapening I admit, but that is one too many, it happened whilst I was in Afghan, so I ca't give a link, a few of them also tried to rape an american female.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top