Muslim scholars start a Gaelic Koran

#3
#5
Well you can get a Gaelic Bible, so why not. If you want to read fairy stories in a dead language then crack on.
Its not like the Welsh to miss a trick though, wheres the yaki dah Koran?
 
#7
I just have to ask; are they planning to write one in Klingon?
 
#8
Virgil said:
I just have to ask; are they planning to write one in Klingon?

I thought it was written in Klingon?

May as well be. Just as fictional and its followers are weirdo warmongers. :roll:


(I'll be getting a plague of cows sent down on me for that one from the sandal wearing apologists). :wink:
 
#9
I hope they write it in Scouse
 
#10
No Geordie or Scouse versions as nobody up there can read. Not worried about a response to this either, for the same reason.
 
#13
If weapons inspectors wanted to check a new pointy tower at Mecca (as in "megaton") they'd need a clan regiment to fight their way in.
The Shi'a and Sunni hot-heads should be trained to hijack Arab aircraft and ram each other.
 
#14
Where is the problem? Why not translate one of the existing English translation into Gaelic? Or better yet, why not cut out the middleman and just pulp 20000 copies of an already remainedered book and save the effort altogether?
 

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#15
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
Virgil said:
I just have to ask; are they planning to write one in Klingon?

I thought it was written in Klingon?

May as well be. Just as fictional and its followers are weirdo warmongers. :roll:


(I'll be getting a plague of cows sent down on me for that one from the sandal wearing apologists). :wink:
It's no good, I've got to ask - WTF is the siggy piccy nottom-right Flash? A Dog, a Cow or is it a rendered Islamist?

As for producing the Q'ran in Gaelic - go for it - the more Islamists they get up that way, the less we'll have down here and the better I'll feel. :twisted:
 
#16
Cuddles said:
Where is the problem? Why not translate one of the existing English translation into Gaelic? Or better yet, why not cut out the middleman and just pulp 20000 copies of an already remainedered book and save the effort altogether?
But don't you think it's a massive potential market for them? All those people in the Hebrides, with no religious input at all, and nothing to do with their time? Poor souls, it's only the lack of a Gaelic Koran that stops the minarets towering over the mountains of Skye. :roll:

But if the buggers want to stop whiskey production on Islay, they've got a fight on their hands. :twisted:
 
#18
angular said:
Cuddles said:
Where is the problem? Why not translate one of the existing English translation into Gaelic? Or better yet, why not cut out the middleman and just pulp 20000 copies of an already remainedered book and save the effort altogether?
But don't you think it's a massive potential market for them? All those people in the Hebrides, with no religious input at all, and nothing to do with their time? Poor souls, it's only the lack of a Gaelic Koran that stops the minarets towering over the mountains of Skye. :roll:

But if the buggers want to stop whiskey production on Islay, they've got a fight on their hands. :twisted:
Bless your limited English understanding. You have no concept of the religious input/output/wahteverput of the Hebrides. When you are rammed out there at last stop before Ultima Thule, under a big sky, then one's thoughts turn naturally to God. Which is why the wee-frees and the Catlicks have been flourishing away up there for hundreds of years. There is a whopping big statue of Mary on Benbecula, gazing out to sea. Not quite Rio I grant you but still impressive in its own wee way.

So if you want to see religious conflict on unprecedented scales, chuck a handful of Islamic missionaries into the mix...light blue touch paper and stand well back.
 
#19
Cuddles said:
So if you want to see religious conflict on unprecedented scales, chuck a handful of Islamic missionaries into the mix...light blue touch paper and stand well back.
That would be awesome. It'd be like a Thunderdome for God-botherers.
 
#20
The islamic fundamentalists would be no match for the wee-frees.
I know of a few muslims in the Western Isles that speak Gaelic but i can't see any demand for a Gaelic traslation.
I hope no Public Cash is going towards this
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads