Muslim peace conference condemns terrorism

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by DrStealth, Sep 26, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. been on bbc since yesterday, no one else here seems to have posted it.

BBC News - Muslim peace conference condemns terrorism

Thousands of Muslims have attended a peace conference in London which has condemned terrorism.
    About 12,000 Muslims gathered at Wembley Arena for Islamic group Minhaj-ul-Quran's Peace for Humanity Conference.
    The conference launched a campaign to get one million people to sign an online declaration of peace by 2012.
    Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri said the conference would send a message that 10 years of extremist activity should end.

12k people get together and state 'not in our name' and hardly a peep............

MAC (Muslims against Crusades) have never had more than 120 'protesters' ( ie - bigoted cnuts) demo together at any one time and get major tabloid headlines and pages of posts on places like here.

sence of proportion much?

anyway, latest intel from the bin laden raid..................

Attached Files:

2. I see the Irish connection to Debenham Bed Linen is finally proven in this picture.

Hitler built good roads and ya man supported the one true team of the one true faith!

• Like Like x 1
  3. It is a great pity that this event wasn't more widely reported. As someone who believes that there's little place in a modern western nation for this archaic and outmoded desert creed, I'm impressed that there are so many who want to distance themselves from the radical end of Islam. The 'Not In Our Name' brigade need to get their publicity machine working rather more smoothly so that we cynics can see progress (which even I find encouraging).

• Like Like x 2
  4. Perhaps if one of them had blown themselves up it might have made more of an impression in the papers.

Difficult thing to publicise - being radically reasonable!

Good on 'em though.

5. Heard it on the Radio 4 news. Good for them but more is needed to not only grip the nutters in the British Muslim community but also to answer and embarrass the rantings of Tekirdog and other EDL mongaloids.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tekirdog AKA Cunty McCunt, of ****'s Cottage, **** Lane, Cuntsbridge, nr Cuntingdon, Cuntshire. Email youcunt@edl.cock

• Like Like x 3
  7. Could we not have a reversal of the Missionary movement and the peaceful muslims of Britain go forth into the land of the muslim and preach peace and tolerance?

8. think when it kicked off years ago reasonable Muslims were ranting about these nutters butr nobody did anything:(

9. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

Good drills Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri

I dont doubt for a minute that the majority of Muslims despise the radical and drastic interpretations of their religion for terrorist ends.

I am hugely disappointed that it didnt even make the BBC news webpage. The "Not in my name" campaign is one of the most encouraging things I have seen and 12 thousand attended... but confined to a backwater of the news.

• Like Like x 1