Muslim outrage as Yusuf al-Qaradawi refused UK visa

#1
Yusuf al-Qaradawi, a controversial Muslim cleric who defends suicide attacks, has been refused a visa to enter to the UK after a campaign by David Cameron.

The Muslim Council of Britain (MCB) said that it deplored the decision and accused the government of caving in to “unreasonable demands spearheaded by the Tory leader”.

Muhammad Abdul Bari, the secretary-general of the MCB, said that Dr al-Qaradawi enjoyed respect as a scholar throughout the Muslim world.

“I am afraid this decision will send the wrong message to Muslims everywhere about the state of British society and culture,”

Sources close to Dr al- Qaradawi said that his visa application had had support within the Home and Foreign Offices. "But the Zionist lobby placed huge pressures to block the visa application and Prime Minister Gordon Brown eventually backed that position,"

The cleric last visited the UK in 2004, where he was welcomed by Ken Livingstone, the Mayor of London, and chaired the annual meeting of the European Council of Fatwa and Research at London's City Hall.

His visit prompted protests from Jewish groups and gay people, who regard him as anti-Semitic and homophobic. He has called for the death penalty for homosexuality and the destruction of the state of Israel.

In the same year, the cleric defended suicide attacks on Israelis during a BBC interview, saying: “It’s not suicide, it is martyrdom in the name of God." He added that it did not matter if women and children were the victims of such attacks
In full

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article3325439.ece
 
#3
And next week Muslims outraged: over [insert trivial incident]

I am afraid my views have hardened recently: If you don't want to be a part of British Life you are cordially invited to go.

msr
 

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
#4
Nah, let him in. Arrest him for inciting racial hatred. Jail him for hundreds of years. Then arrange for the term to be served in a nasty foreign jail.

Job done.
 
#5
The worrying thing though is the apparent willingness of government departments, that are still trying to deport useful people from the UK, to let the rabble rouser in
 
#6
“Britain has had a long and established tradition of free speech, debate and intellectual pursuit. These principles are worth defending, especially if we would like to see them spread throughout the world.”

thats basically a license to do what the fcuk you want really, isnt it?
 
#7
arby said:
“Britain has had a long and established tradition of free speech, debate and intellectual pursuit. These principles are worth defending, especially if we would like to see them spread throughout the world.”

thats basically a license to do what the fcuk you want really, isnt it?
But it isn't a license to take the piss out of it.

msr
 
#8
Mr Brown replied: “In 2006 a decision was made not to exclude him. We are looking at that again. He has applied to come into this country. A decision will be made in due course. It has to go through the proper judicial processes. But he has not been allowed into this country at this stage
my bold ... he hasn't been refused yet - can Cyclops and his cohorts be trusted to refuse a visa? I think not!
 
#9
armchair_jihad said:
..........................

“I am afraid this decision will send the wrong message to Muslims everywhere about the state of British society and culture,”

.........................
In full

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article3325439.ece
Yeah, Id hate to send out a message to all terrorists and those who want to harm our way of life in the name of being a "Muslim" that we aren't gonna stand for it!
 
#10
Grownup_Rafbrat said:
Nah, let him in. Arrest him for inciting racial hatred. Jail him for hundreds of years. Then arrange for the term to be served in a nasty foreign jail.

Job done.
Nice idea, but we never seem to arrest people when they're making inflammatory statements (like holding up banners that say 'Behead those who insult Islam'). I can't imagine plod going into where he's staying (almost inevitably a mosque) to arrest him for something he's said, in a foreign language, that is probably open to interpretation based on how you translate his carefully-thought out prases.

Much better just to keep him out, and let others expose themseles as terrorist sympathisers by giving him their support.
 
#11
I agree with this: Except change Australia for UK

"From Ex Prime Minister John Howard - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture.. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.'

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'


'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'


'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,

'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'"
 
#12
Well, I ain't Zionist, I am not gay and I am not particularly against Muslims.

But I don't want some pr1ck coming in to my country (respected scholar or not) who likes to say "suicide bombers are good".

Fcuk off prick, and visit the scene of a suicide bomber. It might not be so academic then.
 
#14
johnboyzzz said:
I agree with this: Except change Australia for UK

"From Ex Prime Minister John Howard - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture.. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.'



'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'


'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'


'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,

'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'"
The Aussies have politicians who talk sense? Can we borrow him please?
 

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#15
Would it be that hard for the Foreign Office/gobment to say "If we don't like your values, oppinions, activities, or even you as a person, we will not let you into this country on a visa. We reserve the right to refuse entry and do not have to give a reason".

Simple really.

If muslims or anyone esle want to get outraged, and ask why, let them, and tell them that we do not have to give a reason, he's just a cnut and we don't like him.
 
#17
Sven said:
Good.

Pleased as punch that He isn't allowed in.
Who are you, and what have you done with Sven?! :twisted:
 
#18
armchair_jihad said:
Dr al-Qaradawi enjoyed respect as a scholar throughout the Muslim world.
Look, I am not the most clued up on this but wtf is a Muslim scholar and Doctor of what?

(Is this a cover for a professional doley?)

Anyone explain!!!

HH
 
#20
Keep all these buggers out, let the Muslim population howl and rend their garments, if they dont like it let them piss of and join him in his own country....ALL of them.
 

Latest Threads

Top