• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Muslim extremists train in Lake District

HERE

Daily Mail said:
See the disturbing video that shows Muslim extremists training at al Qaeda camp in the Lake District
By JAYA NARAIN

Last updated at 21:50pm on 21st November 2007

A Muslim extremist took part in a campaign to recruit and train "jihadists" after flying to Britain posing as a student.

Pakistani-born Abdul Rahman, 25, arrived in the UK on a student visa, but spent just one day at university before dropping out.

He then joined up with a gang of radical young Muslims who aimed to scout, recruit and encourage others to take up arms in a holy war.

Disturbing video footage showed the group taking part in an arduous 'Al Qaeda training camp' in the Lake District in preparation for the jihad.

Rahman was last night facing up to six years in jail after he admitted helping a terrorist suspect flee the country.

He admitted handing the suspect, who was subject to a Government control order, around £500 to help him buy plane tickets to flee the UK.

The court heard that after the suspect got away, police raided Rahman's house, where they found video footage of him taking part in the Lake District training camp.

The film referred to one as a suicide bomber whilst two others were seen crawling, commando-style, through the snow and undergrowth near Langdale, Cumbria, praising Allah and the Chechen Mujahideen.

In Rahman's house, police found hunting knives, two-way radios, GPS equipment and propaganda - including a document referring to terrorist finishing schools called How Can I Train Myself for Jihad?

Yesterday Rahman admitted two offences under the 2006 Terrorism Act and pleaded guilty to a further charge of helping a terror suspect defy a control order.

The case illustrated the weaknesses of control orders, said one senior police source outside court.

He added: 'There is real concern these orders are not worth the paper they are written on and do nothing in real terms to protect the public.

"Despite these orders, suspected terrorists are able to move around the UK and even leave the country to go and fight jihad elsewhere."

Manchester Crown Court heard that Rahman started a pharmacology degree in 2000 at a university in Pakistan close to the Afghanistan border, but dropped out after a year.

He moved to the UK in 2004 on a student visa and registered to begin a biotechnology degree at Abertay University in Dundee. After his first day, he left for Manchester telling tutors he had financial difficulties.

Parmjit Cheema, prosecuting, said Rahman took a job in a mobile phone shop and mixed with radical Muslims, sharing a house with some of them.

She said: "Their particular interest, it would appear, was the perceived assault on Islam in Afghanistan and the need as they saw it to provide resources and fighters for that conflict."

She said Rahman played a vital role supporting jihadists in Pakistan and acting as a "pipeline" to the UK.

In January this year he met up with a 22-year-old man, known only as AK for legal reasons, who had just been served with a control order.

Rahman gave him £480 to flee the country. Before taking a flight to Lahore via Tehran, CCTV filmed AK at Birmingham Airport after he had ditched his usual traditional Muslim attire for Westernised clothing.

Detective Chief Superintendent Tony Porter, of Greater Manchester Police Counter-Terrorism Unit, said: "This man provided support to people determined to carry out terrorist acts.

"He was clearly intent on drawing others into his network."

Rahman will be sentenced today.

I've seen that video and to be honest it was very impressive...although they did have some rent-a-quote type saying that "some of the poses they adapted were similar to those used by the Army" - we're doomed!

is that the one where they repeatedly fall in the stream :twisted:
only known as ak for legal reasons hardly fair might as well just called him terry the taliban :evil:

Terrorist finishing schools?

Am I the only one who thinks of bearded men walking in a straight line while balancing AK-47s on their heads? Being taught the niceties of drinking a cup of tea while wearing a suicide vest?

(On second thoughts, it probably is just me... :oops: )

ExplodingTrousers said:
Terrorist finishing schools?

Am I the only one who thinks of bearded men walking in a straight line while balancing AK-47s on their heads? Being taught the niceties of drinking a cup of tea while wearing a suicide vest?

(On second thoughts, it probably is just me... :oops: )
You're not the only one, I had visions of them being taught RPG ettiquette and how to get in and out of a Toyota pick up without flashing their pants.

HA! let the fools keep training in the lake district! Dont they know the best place to train for Afghanistan is Thetford forest?!? They will pay dearly for their mistakes :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Why not, it's nice in the Lake District.
Better than the sh1tholes they come from.

Why the hell they don't they practice in Afghanistan. Not as if there is a shortage of countryside and mountains to yomp around in where they won't get seen, seeing as we don;t control alot of the land.

Daft buggers!!

TMS

jockass said:
HA! let the fools keep training in the lake district! Dont they know the best place to train for Afghanistan is Thetford forest?!? They will pay dearly for their mistakes :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
It's the higher quality of afternoon teas around Ambleside that attracts them.

:eek:
The vids made me laugh. What a bunch of Walt gits. Are they supposed to be serious?

Perturbed said:
:eek:
The vids made me laugh. What a bunch of Walt gits. Are they supposed to be serious?
Maybe they could approach Mike Golden as a Technical Advisor?

After watching those videos I now fear for the life of any snowman I may build in the future.

think they have already taken over some parts "this is a presbetarian village we serve no intoxicating liquors here" :roll:

why not just invite them to thetford give them aks and let the apache loose :twisted:
save all that travel time and you can go home at weekends and let the stabs chase them about at weekends :roll:

I have seen the videos and those guys do not like the Al Queada to me. More like the new err speshul forces on manouveres. :)

So if I see a load of Asian looking men or women crawling down a stream bed do I tell them to keep their arses down, try a different crawl to suit the cover , mention the need to avoid sign or just say get up you fecking eejits, there are teddy bears coming over the hill.

Imagine Wordsworth and Wainwright must be turning in their graves.

I wandered lonely as a cloud when all at once I came across load of bearded twats rolling in the snow

I sat and watched them roll on by then stood up quickly with a big fecking sigh

Gents please stop no please stop now;Thats a bull not a cow

One more pul of those teets and you'll be kicked to Pashto land saying Sheeeeeeeeeeeets

I reckon there should be a brigade live-firing exercise organised to the Lakes, "Targets will fall when hit" :p

It shows how weak we have become as a nation when we have the enemy training to fight against us whilst on our own shores, most of them probably receiving benefits too :roll: :x

balloonhead29 said:
I reckon there should be a brigade live-firing exercise organised to the Lakes, "Targets will fall when hit" :p

It shows how weak we have become as a nation when we have the enemy training to fight against us whilst on our own shores, most of them probably receiving benefits too :roll: :x
Alternately, it could show how strong we are (albeit a tad eccentric).

Something that amuses me is how many people that criticise this country choose to live here. Why don't they bugger off to the countries they claim are better? Maybe they realise they are hypocrites maybe they fool themselves (the ability to compartmentalise is quite astounding).