Muslim councillors refuse a standing ovation for Marine GC Winner

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Fat_Cav, Feb 3, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Haven't seen this one yet.

Loads of faux outrage by the Mail over a couple of councillors who refused to stand at a meeting attended by Matthew Croucher GC.

The usual foaming-at-the mouth types will be outraged accordingly at their (the councillors) outrageous behaviour :roll:

Muslim councillors refuse standing ovation for Marine who won George Cross | Mail Online

Did she really . . . ?

Probably what really happened.

So. move along there's nothing to see here. Except if you're a Mail reader obviously . .

Says Andy who lives in Spain.

2. Pffft! That resulted in a tea --> keyboard incident.

3. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Of course it did.

Did you "LOL" or "ROTFLMAO" too?

4. Yeah, lots of LOLCATZ appeared as well. I'm still ROLFing too.

5. ONNA AYSOS? I CSL coz ur OT & OTT. anyway M8 IGGP an my boss is OOTO so TTG. TBC

PS. GIKU

PPS. JK

6. ROLFMAYO LOL111!!!1!!!11!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

7. Ok, I get ROFL, LMAO and LOL - but WTF does the rest of that teenage text-type garbage stand for?????????? (I obviously get WTF too!)

8. Being over the age of 14, I'm at a loss myself I'm afraid.

9. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Democracy in action. These people are doing what the voters who voted for them want. This being a free country they are perfectly entitled to do so. It does beg the question of why given that they hate this country and it's values so much they don't exercise their freedom to leave it and find some where more suited to their values and beliefs.

10. It means

I'm an illiterate fucktard with the IQ of Jam :-D

11. I'm certain I saw a thread about it on here once - although since it's probably titled 'WTFDTM' or some other such rubbish I don't think I'll have much luck searching for it.... LOL!!!

12. If I was a Muslim councillor, seeing all the outrage among DM readers, I would feel that I had made my point successfully.

Supposing, for example the German press was constantly being impotently outraged about BFG.

Would it make you toe the line, or would you take great delight in all the huffing and puffing outrage and be tempted
    to play up more?

13. I was outraged and set off on the outrage unicycle. But 20 yards down the road I got a stitch, forgot what it was I was outraged with, turned round and went home.

14. That is the point though, we live in a free country.

It could be argued that as you hate their opinion so much you do not exercise your freedom to leave?

Not taking sides.

15. The Daily Mail was a supporter of the 3rd Reich in the 1930 and generally agreed with Mosley and the Brit Fascist party.