• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Muslim councillors refuse a standing ovation for Marine GC Winner

Haven't seen this one yet.

Loads of faux outrage by the Mail over a couple of councillors who refused to stand at a meeting attended by Matthew Croucher GC.

The usual foaming-at-the mouth types will be outraged accordingly at their (the councillors) outrageous behaviour :roll:

Muslim councillors refuse standing ovation for Marine who won George Cross | Mail Online

The mother of L/Cpl Croucher expressed shock that two Muslim councillors snubbed her son.
Did she really . . . ?

'I am disappointed but like Matt said after it happened, everyone is entitled to their opinion whatever it may be.'
Probably what really happened.

So. move along there's nothing to see here. Except if you're a Mail reader obviously . .

Just get these two disgusting parasites off the council !!!! Like many of their ilk they have no honour, dedication or passion for the UK.
- Andy, Loja Spain, 03/2/2011 12:20
Says Andy who lives in Spain.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Democracy in action. These people are doing what the voters who voted for them want. This being a free country they are perfectly entitled to do so. It does beg the question of why given that they hate this country and it's values so much they don't exercise their freedom to leave it and find some where more suited to their values and beliefs.

I'm certain I saw a thread about it on here once - although since it's probably titled 'WTFDTM' or some other such rubbish I don't think I'll have much luck searching for it.... LOL!!!

If I was a Muslim councillor, seeing all the outrage among DM readers, I would feel that I had made my point successfully.

Supposing, for example the German press was constantly being impotently outraged about BFG.

Would it make you toe the line, or would you take great delight in all the huffing and puffing outrage and be tempted
to play up more?

Democracy in action. These people are doing what the voters who voted for them want. This being a free country they are perfectly entitled to do so. It does beg the question of why given that they hate this country and it's values so much they don't exercise their freedom to leave it and find some where more suited to their values and beliefs.
That is the point though, we live in a free country.

It could be argued that as you hate their opinion so much you do not exercise your freedom to leave?

Not taking sides.

It could be argued that as you hate their opinion so much you do not exercise your freedom to leave?
You can love your country without agreeing with the actions of its government.

Mind you, no matter what these councillors think about the war. they picked the wrong way to show it. The context in which somebody throws themself on a hand grenade takes nothing away from the valour of that action - even if he did it as part of Operation KITTEN DESTROYER he should still be recognised as a hero. Just my opinion.

You can love your country without agreeing with the actions of its government.

Mind you, no matter what these councillors think about the war. they picked the wrong way to show it. The context in which somebody throws themself on a hand grenade takes nothing away from the valour of that action - even if he did it as part of Operation KITTEN DESTROYER he should still be recognised as a hero. Just my opinion.
You are missing the point. I do not agree with them but they are entitled to it. Just as valid as yours.

Latest Threads