Muslim cleric cannot be deported says Strasborg.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Needle_Point, Jan 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hardly an unexpected result was it.

Meanwhile the Yanks can have British person they claim to have broken their laws while not in the USA from us, yet we cannot get rid of a convicted terrorist.

The whole thing is barmey, except for one part. A lot of lawyers have just made a lot of money.

2. This is another example of the ECHR meddling in a countries affairs. This bloke is dangerous and should be got shot of.mmmmm I wonder.

"WHO WILL RID ME OF THIS TURBULENT CLERIC?"

Well it worked for Henry II

• Like Like x 13
  3. True.

But a broken clock is right twice a day...

4. Well I would climb aboard the bus, but the bastard bombed it.

If CMD has any balls, he'd tell the EC to do one and send his to Jordan anyway, but we know what will happen…=|

• Like Like x 2
  5. It is sometimes worth keeping a piece of shit on your window sill, if you kill all the flies it attracts.

• Like Like x 2
  6. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

So a court in Strasborg has ruled against Britain deporting a Muslim cleric BACK to his native Jordan,where he's been convicted of terrorist offences,as it breaches his human rights...What about the human rights of the British public to feel safe in their own country without the threat from these nutters inciting violence & hatred!

BBC News - Abu Qatada wins Jordan deportation appeal

• Like Like x 2
  7. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

Having looked at the reported grounds for the decision, it isn't unreasonable and I'm rather comforted by the thought that our courts can't admit evidence obtained under torture. I'm all for this character spending the rest of his life as the prison bitch in a high security establishment but not by turning our legal system on its head.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rather than deport him, send him on a free holiday....................to Jordan

• Like Like x 1
  9. So,,if this cleric is also wanted in the following,,

Algeria,,
    Belgium,,
    Spain,,
    France,,
    Germany,,
    Italy,,
    USA,,

Then why not deport him to one of these countries?...
    The Yanks do not hesitate to have British Citizens extradited to the US so why not let them have him?...

10. Could the Mess Webley be signed out for a one off job?, just asking.

11. Do you mean in the way that 'it was temporarily un-accounted for' the night Ulrike Meinhoff committed 'suicide', along with the rest of the gang?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Agreed. I realise it infuriates the Daily Mail readers of the world, but to be effective, the law has to apply to all people equally. We can't have one rule for "us" and one for "them", because necessarily in the eyes of the law, there is no "them" or "us".

Much as I'd quite happily watch the **** torn apart by hungry rats, the laws protecting him are the same ones that would protect you or I or any other member of this site from a similar fate.