Muslim anger grows at Pope speech

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mad_Moriarty, Sep 15, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Whats's their problem?, Islam seems to have an issue with people who give an opinion. Well done Benedict !.

Link here

2. For fcuks sake

Quote [The head of the Muslim Brotherhood said the Pope's remarks "aroused the anger of the whole Islamic world".]

The frigging sun rising in the morning seems to arouse the anger of the Islamic world. They need to chill man

3. My anger rises everytime an alleged Muslim Martyrs themselves for Mohammad. So far common sense keeps it in check, but I'm only human.

SK :evil:

4. Are they thick enough to believe they get the Virgins up there!!!

5. Sadly they think that their opinion has some sway, it only angers others when they start spouting cr4p.

JJ

6. Interesting to see that Turkey is mentioned: Perhaps they would like to explain how Christian Constantinople became Muslim Istanbul?

7. The Arabic root for the word virgin, is also shared with the word for a rare type of RAISIN!

Oh how I would fcuking love it if they'd gotten it all completely wrong! 8)

The thought of them rocking up in paradise only to be presented with a bag of raisins is enough to make me grin.

8. Is it possible the entire Nation of Islam doesn't know what "I quote" means?

9. That's nuts.

10. But wholly appropriate for fruitcakes.

11. Ahh, poor Muslims, they're such victims.

As Mohammed Mahdi Akef of the Muslim Brotherhood said "The remarks do not express correct understanding of Islam"??

Perhaps suicide bombings, incitement to murder, terrorism, oppression of women and religious intolerance express the understanding better?

If moderate Muslims are concerned about the portrayal of Islam, perhaps they would do better to worry about the ranting of the likes of Abu Hamza Al-Masri who preached “Killing a kuffar (unbeliever) who is fighting you is OK. Killing a kuffar for any reason, you can say it is OK even if there is no reason for it.”

We hear of these repugnant preaching’s, but we don't hear of any backlash.

12. Good. Well done the Pope!

I wonder if the Muslim really think that the rest of us give a toss about them being p*ssed off?

It matters not - they are on premanent angry mode and nothing that is said or not said will have any effect on them.

Personally I have no time for religions, but I have to confess Islam is the lowest of the lot of them for blatent hypocracy and evil intent to those who fail to see the world and the next in accordance with their views.

13. It seems the brotherhood of Islam just use any excuse for a fight.

I love how the quote the crusades for everything to do with perceived christian aggression

As much as the crusader nights carried out many attrocities the crusades were started as a counter to a direct threat to the christian world by arab muslims

The first being started by a request to the pope for aid by the byzantine empire

14. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Well personally I don't want 72 raisins, maybe just a handful of sultanas (quality not quantity). This said I doubt that the pope didn't know what his words would do. Hardly the wisdom of Solomon, and he has no excuse as the Catholics read the Apocrypha.

"In Egypt, Muslim Brotherhood head Mohammed Mahdi Akef said the Pope's words "do not express correct understanding of Islam and are merely wrong and distorted beliefs being repeated in the West".

I actually wrote a paper on this precise subject in light of the Danish cartoon and current trends as perepetuated and as having roots in medieval europe, so really quite interesting to see this issue pop up again.