Musics Guilty Pleasures

Music has always been one of my main interests in life,and I consider myself to have decent and respectable taste in music.
However,there are a few songs out there that would be considered shite by many,but are to me my guilty pleasures.
1984/85,I was a skinhead listening to 2 tone and reggae,unbeknown to my mates I was sitting in my my bedroom listening to Bananarama's "Robert De Niros Waiting" and Steven Tin Tin Duffy's "Kiss Me".
I still love those f ucking tunes.

Tiffany "I think we're alone now" :D

It's on my Ipod, amongst my other tunes. AC/DC, Metallica, Iron Maiden, and the likes.

Book Reviewer
'Steven Tin Tin Duffy's "Kiss Me".'

nowt wrong with that, it's a quality tune. I wish pop today was as good as it was in the eighties... that cnut simon cowell has a lot to answer for, the fcuking no-trick pony and his stable of karaoke monkeys.

for a veteran indie kid like me however, I've got to say my most guilty pleasures are either Yes or Level 42. mark king is the master of 'my woman's just left me' heartbreak songs.
Would OMD count as pish? My Mrs thinks so.
My record/cd/mp3 collection contains various musical genres including reggae,indie,punk,soul,dance,etc.
Should I not be embarrased by my OMD cds in the same rack as such greats as The Stone Roses?
Or should I continue to keep them hidden from view,only to be played whilst the house is empty?
Standing traffic on the M6 at the weekend, the solution to the down and the Specials "Msg to you Rudi" at full blast.

However when the traffic cleared on came Hall and Oates.....I know the shame :D

Oh,and how could I forget?...........Kid Creole And The Coconuts "Annie - I'm Not Your Daddy"
I chose the complete track list for my wedding a few years back. Amongst the Northern Soul belters,the 2 Tone stompers and Hard House classics I chucked in a few cheesy ones in (for the straight peg relatives of course)
When "Annie" came on,I was up on the dancefloor like s hit off a shovel.
There is no shame! I used to have guilty pleasures but these days its all the more fun when you put on a pleasure that you 'should be guilty about' and watch the guilty by association squirm... well, tough titties... I'm enjoying myself. There's no accounting for taste. They should grow a sense of humour at least.
I Need a Hero - Bonnie Tylor.
Camp as a row of tents, but I'll still sing it with gusto if it comes on the radio.

& I have the soundtrack to "Bugsy Malone", which I occasionally stick on in the house.
How sad am I?
Danny Wilson - Marys prayer

Luther Vandross - Never too much (was actually caught by my Dad swaying to it in the garage years ago whilst twirling a spanner in my hand in a microphone fashion)

Tatu - All the things she said (for its soaring melody, transient undercurrent of beats .......... and 2 scrutters licking tongues in the video)
My music collection consists of hard core blues - John Lee Hooker, Ledbelly, Howlin Wolf, Muddy Waters - that sort of thing, along with lots of Northern Soul and stuff like Hendrix & Cream.

And "Something Stupid" by Frank & Nancy Sinatra. I love that song. :oops:
Well if you like Northern Soul get posting on the Northern could do with a bump! :wink:
As for guilty pleasures, I have to admit to having most of the Moody Blues back catalogue; & one of my all-time faves for blasting out when I was in BAOR was Tom Hark by the Piranhas; & I think OMD are cool too - my personal fave was the Messerschmitt Twins 8) 8) 8)

Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
We all have these dirty little secrets. In my car I have music by 'Yes', Led zep and the Floyd, mixing with my John Coltrane/Thelonius Monk and Miles davis stuff. But my biggest thrill is some good old Placido Domingo belting out, especially the duet from The Pearl Fishers.