Musics Guilty Pleasures

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Rudie, Apr 28, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Music has always been one of my main interests in life,and I consider myself to have decent and respectable taste in music.
    However,there are a few songs out there that would be considered shite by many,but are to me my guilty pleasures.
    1984/85,I was a skinhead listening to 2 tone and reggae,unbeknown to my mates I was sitting in my my bedroom listening to Bananarama's "Robert De Niros Waiting" and Steven Tin Tin Duffy's "Kiss Me".
    I still love those f ucking tunes.
  2. Tiffany "I think we're alone now" :D

It's on my Ipod, amongst my other tunes. AC/DC, Metallica, Iron Maiden, and the likes.
  3. Leaving on a jet plane John Denver/peter paul and mary
  4. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

'Steven Tin Tin Duffy's "Kiss Me".'

nowt wrong with that, it's a quality tune. I wish pop today was as good as it was in the eighties... that cnut simon cowell has a lot to answer for, the fcuking no-trick pony and his stable of karaoke monkeys.

for a veteran indie kid like me however, I've got to say my most guilty pleasures are either Yes or Level 42. mark king is the master of 'my woman's just left me' heartbreak songs.
  5. Would OMD count as pish? My Mrs thinks so.
    My record/cd/mp3 collection contains various musical genres including reggae,indie,punk,soul,dance,etc.
    Should I not be embarrased by my OMD cds in the same rack as such greats as The Stone Roses?
    Or should I continue to keep them hidden from view,only to be played whilst the house is empty?
  6. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Gotta admit I am partial to a bit of Marillion.
  7. Standing traffic on the M6 at the weekend, the solution to the down and the Specials "Msg to you Rudi" at full blast.

However when the traffic cleared on came Hall and Oates.....I know the shame :D

8. Oh,and how could I forget?...........Kid Creole And The Coconuts "Annie - I'm Not Your Daddy"
    I chose the complete track list for my wedding a few years back. Amongst the Northern Soul belters,the 2 Tone stompers and Hard House classics I chucked in a few cheesy ones in (for the straight peg relatives of course)
    When "Annie" came on,I was up on the dancefloor like s hit off a shovel.
  9. Mouldy Old Dough – Lieutenant Pigeon, pretty left of field for a 24 year old I think.
  10. There is no shame! I used to have guilty pleasures but these days its all the more fun when you put on a pleasure that you 'should be guilty about' and watch the guilty by association squirm... well, tough titties... I'm enjoying myself. There's no accounting for taste. They should grow a sense of humour at least.
  11. Highway-To-The-Danger-Zone-Kenny-Loggins
    Black Hawk Down -Hans Zimmer
  12. But if there was one that went any way approaching guilt it would be Black Coffee by the All Saints
  13. Hungry Eyes - Eric Carmen (from Dirty Dancing) Gay as the hills but so cool
  14. I Need a Hero - Bonnie Tylor.
    Camp as a row of tents, but I'll still sing it with gusto if it comes on the radio.

& I have the soundtrack to "Bugsy Malone", which I occasionally stick on in the house.
    How sad am I?
  15. Chanson d'amour Tuxedo Junction. Well I was young.