Musicians wanted!

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by FrosteeMARIA, Jul 11, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. FrosteeMARIA

FrosteeMARIA LE Gallery Guru

[h=5]The Band of The Duke of Lancaster's Regiment (Volunteers)[/h]IMPORTANT – WE NEED YOUR HELP!

Dear followers of the band,

Your support means a great deal to us and with this in mind we wish to ask you a massive favour.

The band has grown in stature over the years and gained an excellent reputation for being completely professional in providing first class musical support to The British Armed Forces in the North West and beyond. This musical support is in the form of parades, freedom marches, mess dinners to name but a few. Of course there are concerts in which the band performs to the general public, giving first class entertainment whilst promoting and boosting not only the bands outstanding image, the excellent reputation of The Duke of Lancaster’s Regiment but our Armed Forces in general.

In order for this first-rate support to continue and to secure the longevity and proud tradition of the band, not only for now but for future generations, we need new talented musicians to join our ranks.

The band is immediately looking to recruit PROFESSIONAL or TALENTED INSTRUMENTALISTS at grade 6 level or above, including:

Flute, Oboe, Clarinet, Bassoon, Alto/Tenor Saxophones, Cornet/Trumpet, French Horn, Trombone, Euphonium, Bass and Percussion.

So this is where you come in!

Could you please pass this message on far and wide to your family and friends within the North West and beyond? We are sure there are MUSICIANS out there that would be interested in earning an ADDITIONAL INCOME whilst enjoying a variety of MUSICAL CHALLENGES and gaining MUSICAL SATISFACTION in parallel with meeting new people.

The band can be contacted by sending a message on Facebook, on 0151 270 3146 or on email at

Thank you all in advance for your support.
  2. I can play the Triangle. Is that any help?
  3. Jeez Frostee, you are killing me here as im trying to hold back on tromboning and Pink Oboe jokes!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. FrosteeMARIA

Yes. :)
  5. FrosteeMARIA

I thought you would say that. Great minds, eh?
    • Like Like x 1

6. There you go your first volunteer! By the way Legs you know your gonna be sent to the Afghan as like all bands people your'll be doing a bit of stretcher bearing?
    Good luck.
  7. i can play the tumperware drums as good as phil collins can play real ones.
  8. What are the terms and conditions? Will they have to be TA with all the concomitant issues, health, call out for ops etc?
  9. FrosteeMARIA