Musician thrown off train

I suppose they will be asking every business man on trains now to tell them what's on their laptops....

Doesn't anybody also feel a little sad that writing is seen as an odd behaviour; one which is deemed serious enough to warrant questioning by security. :cry:

A HAMPSHIRE musician was forced off a train for "behaving suspiciously" - by writing down a list of songs.
I imagine he possibly would have fitted in a little more had he been listen to loud tinny music, playing from either a mobile phone or a sub £150 laptop; whilst sat in the centre of the carriage.

amazing__lobster said:
Doesn't anybody also feel a little sad that writing is seen as an odd behaviour; one which is deemed serious enough to warrant questioning by the police :cry:
My sympathies lie with the bobbies - after 13 years of educational Marxist madness, any 25-year-old who can actually write is bound to be an object of suspicion. Fair cop, lads. :police:

Two sides to the story?
What did the lentil eating,pot smoking,sandal wearing, Guardian reading,Marxist leaning,tofu knitting,Miaow-Miaow dealing,scruffy and smelly,Labour supporting,anti fox-hunting,wee shite say to the Guard?

I know it's not important, but what have the police got to do with this story??

Le_addeur_noir said:
Stasi Britain at it's best.
I'm afraid so - if you read the public statement on the matter from the rail company it reads with a sinister undertone of regardless we are right. How accountable are these people who "work closely" with the police?

How far we have come in 13 years............

FARMBOY said:
Le_addeur_noir said:
I'm afraid so - if you read the public statement on the matter from the rail company it reads with a sinister undertone of regardless we are right. How accountable are these people who "work closely" with the police?

Essentially, they (Labour) have created positions of authority which seem to attract and employ people who wouldn't have previously been given/trusted with responsibility or authority.

Can you see any government undoing this though?

K

Kirkz

vvaannmmaann said:
Two sides to the story?
What did the lentil eating,pot smoking,sandal wearing, Guardian reading,Marxist leaning,tofu knitting,Miaow-Miaow dealing,scruffy and smelly,Labour supporting,anti fox-hunting,wee shite say to the Guard?
That's a bit much mate 8O Where in the article did it say he was vertically challenged :?
Seems writing has become anorak like train and plane spotting :)

amazing__lobster said:
FARMBOY said:
Le_addeur_noir said:

Essentially, they've created positions of authority which seem to attract and employ people who wouldn't have previously been given/trusted with responsibility or authority.

Can you see any government undoing this though?
My bold - I seem to remember that words to that effect were used to explain what type of person within the Nazi regime went onto perpetrate genocide 1933 -45.

Will a new Govt unpick these quasi police bodies? I doubt it.

Stasi? Really?! He was just asked what he was doing- not that unusual, and yes, while this might have turned out to be a little bit OTT in this case, but there's something rather insulting to both sides about comparing it to the actions of the Stasi... get a grip, people?

R.D.D. said:
Stasi? Really?! He was just asked what he was doing- not that unusual, and yes, while this might have turned out to be a little bit OTT in this case, but there's something rather insulting to both sides about comparing it to the actions of the Stasi... get a grip, people?
No room for the voice of reason here, why are you acting so suspicously?

I imagine the next businessman overheard caught talking about hostile takeovers will be given a haircut a la Menezes, just in case.

It does bring to mind the thought police/big brother.

Oh and I'm screwed if this is the future as I always try to act suspicously on trains, it usually stops someone who is wierd sitting next to you!!! You never see two nutters sat next to each other.

googlemap said:
It does bring to mind the thought police/big brother.

Oh and I'm screwed if this is the future as I always try to act suspicously on trains, it usually stops someone who is wierd sitting next to you!!! You never see two nutters sat next to each other.
What a weird choice of forum name...Did you somehow manage to join ARRSE by mistake when entering a website URL?

"Big Brother is watching You"...
Very apt....I went on Google Earth today and saw My house,with My Wife,looking out of the window asking "What is that strange van out there doing?" She was actually in the photo,plus all of our cars....If We can get hold of this type of info,God knows what the Govt. have got on us!!!!

R.D.D. said:
They're worse than the Stasi. The Stasi was an official organisation expressly designed to make sure that everybody toed the line in their oppressive regime. That was their job, however distasteful we may find it.

These nauseous little turds had no business pushing their fat schnozzes into your man's private affairs. The whole incident would be laughable if it wasn't an alarming taste of things to come. What will these knobbers do when there's some fella squatting there writing in Arabic "Things I need for bomb-making" and then composing his list?

As if any potential terrorist who takes himself seriously is going to sit there making a list that any passer-by can read. It's just a case of a couple of wannabes overreaching themselves. The pretentious, self-important prats should be given the elbow forthwith!

MsG

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S The NAAFI Bar 1
CardinalSin The Intelligence Cell 12
TankiesYank Films, Music and All Things Artsy 38