Music weapon

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by KGB_resident, Oct 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

It seems to me that 'music weapon' was used previously

2. The Spams used in in Panama in 1989 to try to drive Manuel Noriega out of the Apostolic Nunciature, the Holy See's embassy in Panama.
  3. Nothing new chaps...

The British Army has classed the bagpipes as a weapon of war since 1745...
  4. does that mean the 'Red Hot Chilli Pipers' are patriot freedom fighters?

Red Hot Chilli Pipers

also unpaid, like the TA... :D

TA no pay
  5. What happened to the sonic weapon the Americans had in the 1970s that was supposed to liquify flesh?
  6. I thought this was going to be about frisbee cymbals with razor sharp edges, trombone mortars, bongo bombs and the such. Like this:

7. Kate Bush was banned by the Geneva Convention.
  8. I can't help but laugh all the way through Born in the USA, all i can think of is the Top Gear Vietnam episode.
  9. It may have something to do with the time between posts......
  10. IIRC the Frogs experimented with sound weapons but here's a beginners guide:
    A Short History of Sound Weapons Pt2: Infrasound « stalker

We had a new manager when I was a British Aerospace Guided Weapons back in the '60s who was an absolute shit, so to take our revenge we rigged up a frequency generator running at about 16Mhz (just too high to actually hear) and pumped it into his office via a rather powerful amplifier. After a month of very bad headaches he quit for a 'less stressful' job. :)
  11. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

12. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

Maybe so but Kate's bush isn't. Where's the pics?
  13. During the Dhofar war,we were sent,from UK,a Psyops team,commanded by a Cav officer who was ex RAC Para Sqn.One of their ideas was to play propaganda,from large loudspeakers,over the border,at the enemy.When this was tried,it did attract a good deal of mortar/arty fire,and was not universally popular.However the recorder/playing kit was small,so we recorded a particularly fierce small arms contact,This was then played during an ambush.The enemy ran away from the noise of firing,and towards us.It works well once!