Music to run to

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by smudge67, Jun 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I thought this question had been asked before, but I can't find it anywhere??

Basically, I am looking at making a new "play list" to work out to. I can do weigths to pretty much anything, but for my running I need something upbeat, and catchy.

Any suggestions welcome :)
  2. Pendulum - In silico/Hold your colour
    Anything by The Crystal Method
    Infected Mushroom - again anything
    Happy Hardcore albums - Some are shit, some arent.

I have quite a few albums i downloaded from torrents (a few above as examples), and if theres enough interest i'll rapidshare the albums and provide links so people have some decent dance music to workout to.
  3. Hey Smudge,

A while ago I was looking the same thing. In the iTunes store I found a free podcast (an MP3) that you can download. It lasts for about an hour and has a DJ do electronic and dance music with the same rythm for the entire duration.

It is called Podrunner and is done by DJ Steve Boyett.

You can also download it at his website: Click on "Mixes" to find Podrunner.

I like it a lot since it lasts for the entire 10K and the warmup and cooldown!

Have fun!

4. Faster Music

Like, Drum and Bass, Harder Rock, its science ;) makes you work out more and also makes you drive faster
  5. i know it has been described as "chippy" but the album Live from Iraq is awesome to run to, angry rap with a good beat, and some of the stuff they say, well you gotta listen to it
  6. Baba O'Reilly - The Who

Town Called Malice - The Jam
  7. Prodigy - Firestarter
    Vertigo - U2
  8. Quality, that's just what I need. He also does an interval training one :)

Some great suggestions, I have plenty of Maiden on my ipod, but if I ran to it, I'd stop liking it :)