Music that fits the scene

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by OSACIN, Mar 11, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Easy Rider - Billy and Capt America going across the bridge with born to be wild blasting - absolutely perfect -- the right song with the right scene in the right place - but what other ones are there out there that are just as iconic ?????

2. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

Whenever I listen to Time (Pink Floyd, DSOTM), I remember two gloss Navy blue FFR Landrovers and trailers thundering through a tunnel under the River Rhone at Lyons at we trekked across to Andorra for a couple of weeks' adventure training.

With the volume set to 11, the drum solo really hit the spot, bouncing back off the tunnel walls.

Edited out the dyslexic bit.

3. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Ride of the Valkerye - hele attack in Apocalypse Now
    and
    Adagio for strings - Sgt Elias is doing some dying in the Platoon
    and
    Mr Blobby - whenever Mr Blobby is on

4. Suprisingly enough, some of the SSVC training vids have brilliantly chosen soundtracks. 'We Didn't Start The Fire' on the old NI riot training vid and 'Killer' by Seal on the Bosnia OPTAG film spring to mind...

5. Not a scene but The Bourne supremacy when the credits roll and the Moby track kicks in

theGimp

6. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mission_(movie)

All the music to The Mission - your man Ennio Morricone certainly knows how to put a tune together.

7. Watched a video introduction to the 216 Sqn (maroon-hatted scaley variant) Royal Signals JNCO cadre some years back, showing the various fun activities offered to participants - log runs, stretcher runs etc etc. "Walking on Sunshine" was the interesting choice of soundtrack, that has never sounded the same to me since.

8. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Walking on Sunshine, if you remember (or see again) the video then they filmed it in my old rented flat when it was still a warehouse but she is clearly prancing around where my bed would be (did she know...). When I rented the flat was owned by Norman Tebbit, a good landlord as it happens though Tower Properties the rental agency were XXXXXXs. The bloke that developed the block (I found out about two weeks ago) was 'in' with the tory party and I understand quite a few of them invested. Mrs T took that place in Dulwich place instead...

Mr H

9. I believe that was the Royal Signals Leadership Course video rather than anything to do with 216, unless someone has mysteriously given me wings.... if so you all need to hand yours back in pronto!!

10. Well, it was 13 years ago and I never did the course. Think you are right though. For some reason I had it in my head that it was for 216's benefit rather than the whole Corps. Perhaps a lot of the staff were "winged" or something. Looked taxing enough though.

11. while visting a mate in wegburg (alcohol dryout) the radio was on (bfbs) i remember listening to" what for the daddyo theres whisky in the jar"!!

12. Beethovens 9th whilst watching mortars and scuds come flying in
    Ride of the Valkyries - Gunning a scimitar into basra
    Wagners Exalibur - as above
    Pink Floyd, Welcome to the Machine - come on its got to be the day you step through the gates of your depot

13. Lennon & McCartney's classic The Fool on The Hill (Capitol Hill)

[​IMG]