Music and War.........

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by tuffy52, Mar 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Being quite peed last night and surfin in a sort of Ad Hoc fashion I accidently stumbled upon this,,,,To me it epitomised the music of the Vietnam War era,,,having lived through it and paying attention to what was happening both over there and all around me this little piece suddenly brought all the memories flooding back.......
    Anyone else have similar musical flashbacks regarding past and present wars?............

Vietnam, Paint it Black Rolling Stones.mp4 - YouTube
  2. White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane,always did it for me.

I remember watching Grace Slick sing it on German television,in a very 'holey' dress,went out and bought the album 'Surrealistic Pillow',classic 60's album. 8)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. "We gotta get out of this place" . The Animals. always reminds me of Nam movies .

" Adagio in G minor " Albionni
    Best known for Gallipolli .

"paint it Black " The Rolling Stones .

Also a Nam movie favourite .
    • Like Like x 1
  4. The 1812 Overture; Napoleon's Russian campaign.
  5. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Vietnam era footage and music montage.

There's a bit of moaning rubbish at the start, but persevere (or skip the first 47 seconds).
  7. Forgot to say,'Somebody to Love' By Grace Slick/Jefferson Airplane,also like 'Tracks of my Tears',original version by Smokey Robinson and the Miracles,who also did a better version of 'I heard it through the Grapevine',far better than Marvin Gaye's version of both songs.
  8. Were you THERE, M-A-A-N-N-N? :?

Doors Tapes with logo.jpg
  9. See, this is the creeping effect of American rock music on warfare!

Twenty years in the future, who's going to be able to watch anything about Iraq without hearing Dope?