Mushy peas

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by armourer, Apr 21, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mushy peas...I f*cking hate them.

2. fancy that so does my sprog spits them in my face every time I try and shove them down his pie hole 8O

3. Mushy peas are fantastic, I remember some years ago, in a chippy, you use to be able to buy mushy pea balls, as in it was a big ball of mushy peas, coated in batter mix that had been deep fried.

Fair enough there was enough fat to clog your heart up but so what, still fantastic

4. From the fast show:

Like peas? Like cheese? You'll love these. Cheesy peas!

'Nuff said!

Ok, ok, TAXI!

5. Always look as if they've been through someones digestive system once already. Are they listed as a recognised food?

6. Mushy peas, Lancashires gift ta umanity.
    john

7. So it was peas that are naturally ball shaped, mushed up and then reconstructed.................................into a ball :?

8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

When we moved to Cornwall we travelled miles to find mushy peas, only trouble is they seem to make me fart, just being in the same room has that effect, similar with banks beer!

9. Pudding, peas, chips and gravy.

That's it I'm off to lunch.

10. Mushy peas, mash pototo and gravy with a steak and kidney pie delicious!!! oh with some onions chucked in

11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

2 years ago working at Wigan station, pie barm with peas and gravy!

12. I could just much that right now, bloody starving!

13. I saw someone with this "dish" at Pirbright last week so it is still available....... :wink:

14. I'd love to try that, sounds well nice ;)

15. Our local Cypriot chipper in Devon does cracking mushy peas. The Tesco tinned m. peas are tops too! I've not tried them fried, that sounds tasty!!