Musharraf tells critics to quit crying and pimps memoir

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by castlereagh, Sep 27, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From Globe and Mail
    Remarks on Canadian criticisms

Remarks on Karzai

and on British criticisms

All that while at same time pimping his book on every outlet possible!
    Not too sure that I agree with what he has to say but sure has got chutzpah.

From the WP

2. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

The politics may be changed but it a very old story. The major difference being that we are attacking from the other side of the hill this centuary.
  3. From Reuters - Daily Show clip with Musharraf
    This show should be on More 4 tonight @ 8.30
  4. Bugger

I had an arguement with Sky and now I can't get More4
  6. Maybe he is getting ready to retire ?
  7. You may love him but the *PAF doesn't

(*Members of the PAF were implicated in a plot to kill him)
  8. Nah, he's going to contest the 2007 election.

Or do you mean he will be retiring whether he likes it or not! 8O
  9. Will you be buying his book,Castlereagh?

10. Perhaps a certain somebody will threaten to bomb his country into the stoneage if He doesn't :D
  11. Nope, had a freebie copy given to me.

edited to add: oh I understand you think I am pimping!
  12. Dunno, you musn't be on the Musharraf's special friends list, I come in between Mullah Omar and Colin Powell. :wink:
  13. Oh I'm not that cynical, honest! :wink:

Is it worth reading? I mean is it the sort of book that's so good you even read it sat on the throne?!
  14. Well given that it is number 3 in the Amazon Charts and number 13 in the UK chart, I think we can say that this is a special book by a special dictator! :wink:

Seriously though, the book is fine, the fact that Pakistan is such a basket case means that, the parts about his life are rather slow and pedestrian imho. The best parts of the book deals with his life in the Pakistani army and government. It is an excellent insight into a certain strata of Pakistani thinking (which ignored by the west) and gives a much needed Pakistani perspective on issues such as the governance of Pakistan and it's history, Pakistan's position the world, TWOT, AQ Khan and of course relations with India. If anything the book is cert for reading lists next year. So not bad for the third best ever dictator of Pakistan!