Murdoch Threatens to Shut Down Sky New

Oh dear, never mind. What will all those scum journos do..

Last I heard was that Disney are being touted as a buyer for it rather than shutting it down.

Last I heard was that Disney are being touted as a buyer for it rather than shutting it down.
Disney in charge of a News Channel...what could possibly go wrong there.

Murdoch throws tantrum at pram/teddy bear interface.

Nothing to see here - please move on.

Wordsmith
Apparently it's losing tens of millions p.a. Those 'journo scum' aren't cheap you know. My reckoning is that's entirely disposable and adds little value to the Sky/Fox portfolio. He's always been more concerned about the bottom line rather than vanity projects.

However the question would then be: would Fox News replace Sky News in the schedules.

The one thing you can count on Murdock to do is lie. This Sky News bollocks will be part of a plan to end up with what he wants.

The one thing you can count on Murdock to do is lie. This Sky News bollocks will be part of a plan to end up with what he wants.
More money? Government approval of his take-over bid? Oh, wait - that's basically "more money" too...

It smacks of an O'Leary-esque stunt to grab free publicity - like announcing that passengers will have to pay a quid a time to use the gopping excuses for lavatories on his aircraft. Oh, look - Ryanscare's being mentioned over and over again on the airwaves for days on end. Again.