Murdoch may axe Page 3!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by fltpilot, Feb 11, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Media mogul Rupert Murdoch has hinted on Twitter that The Sun's topless women on Page Three may be replaced with a "halfway house" of "glamorous fashionistas". He was responding to a tweet which said: "Seriously, we are all so over page 3 - it is so last century!"

Murdoch replied: "You maybe [sic] right, don't know but considering."

Campaigners against Page Three have long decried it as sexist while the paper consistently defends its stance.

The photographs of semi-naked women in the paper have been a staple of its pages for more than 40 years so it would be a huge shift in stance for Page Three to be dropped.

More @ BBC News - Rupert Murdoch hints at Page 3 replacement in The Sun
  2. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

this should have been a summer story - you cant expect all those soon to be unemployed young ladies to protest outside parliament in this weather.
  3. Not bothered. Its far too tasteful anyway.
  4. The Cunt, he obviously has no respect for British traditions.
  5. Page 3 dry anal or fisting shots.

Now thats progress.
  6. Some time in the early 80s, in a Div HQ command post. There was an AirTrooper reading the Telegraph. "I didn't know your sort read that, there is no page 3 in there you know? " says the Regt 2ic. "It don't go from 2 to 4 Sir look" was the reply.
    • Like Like x 3
  7. I flicked through Friday installment today.
    Does that count?
  8. I wish he'd axe himself. With an axe.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Only if you though one off the wrist and covered Sam Fox in your man fat..
  10. The only time I ever read one is if its left lying around in a crew/staff/waiting room. And if its less than a week old it is a surprise.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  11. I have never ever bought a copy of the Sun. I have never , ever looked at page 3. This is out of respect for my mother, my wife, my sister ,and my daughter. If you are numb-nutted enough to believe that old bollocks there is a job waiting for you in Vaticanshire.
  12. That paragon Prezza apparently tweeted back that cancelling pages 1&2 and 4 to 47 would be a good idea as well. Heard it on the radio...I don't tweet, regrettably.
  13. Daily Star will become the brickies paper of choice then - they then hand it over to plasterers to finish off
    • Like Like x 1
  14. It would surely go from 2 - 5 as pages 3/4 would be on the same sheet with another 2 missing near the back?