Murderer is hung until dead... on St. Kitts

More here.

They came for the condemned man on the stroke of midnight. But for Charles Elroy Laplace there was no slap-up last supper of the type served on Death Row in America, nor the company of a reassuring pastor.

Instead, he was bound hand and foot and cast on to a grubby mattress in the corner of his fetid cell, then left for eight hours to contemplate his impending fate.

Paralysed and rendered incontinent with fear, Laplace lay there all night, begging the Lord for mercy and pleading for

But his wretched entreaties were drowned out by the singing of his prison guards, who saw fit to celebrate his coming execution with a rum-fuelled 'gallows party' that lasted long into the small hours.
He murdered his wife incidentally.

The hangman usually gives out massages on the beach for 30 quid a throw. He was paid 1,800 to act as hangman for this execution. A further 8 inmates are "penciled" in.

I find it somewhat ironic that a former colony can dish out justice in the traditional style, but the 'mother' country is totally impotent. Way to go St Kitts!

Bit harsh for murdering your wife. The snake might have deserved it!

Stand by for the Goody Goody brigade to be up in arms. Cannonier sound like a sound candidate for the last drop. BBMF.

ugly

LE
The ultimate "suspended sentence!"

rickshaw-major said:
Stand by for the Goody Goody brigade to be up in arms.
Why ? Seems like they are using the "drop" method which is the humane way to hang people. I mean, not like he was hung, drawn and quartered or burnt alive or anything.

Always good to see old traditions kept alive. :lol:

BV_Technician said:
rickshaw-major said:
Stand by for the Goody Goody brigade to be up in arms.
Why ? Seems like they are using the "drop" method which is the humane way to hang people. I mean, not like he was hung, drawn and quartered or burnt alive or anything.

Always good to see old traditions kept alive. :lol:
Because they will - its what they do :twisted:

Thats half of the problem nowadays Ricksaw unfortunately. Too many do gooders wailing about human rights and all that palaver.
Left to them we would be tucking convicts up in bed with a bedtime story and a cup of cocoa!

:twisted:
we need to start doing that here rather than getting LIFE (10 years maybe) which after an appeal, because of the poor defendant(rapist/murderer) was having a bad hair day, getting out after 2 years .

serial rapists,kiddie fiddlers,child killers and terrorists need to be dropped .

they inflict pain and misery so their last hours should be the same.

heres three reasons
1 SAVES MONEY (gordon take note)No expensive prison costs for x years
2 Justice will be served
3 Proper deterent

whatnow? said:
2 Justice will be served
3 Proper deterent
4. Televise executions on a Saturday just after the Lottery and sell advertising time Superbowl style which would actually make money.
5. Have the previous week's lottery winner choose the "first" when there is more than 1 person to be executed.

BV_Technician said:
whatnow? said:
2 Justice will be served
3 Proper deterent
4. Televise executions on a Saturday just after the Lottery and sell advertising time Superbowl style which would actually make money.
5. Have the previous week's lottery winner choose the "first" when there is more than 1 person to be executed.
Some sort of Gladiators programme where the winner gets commuted to life.

BV_Technician said:
whatnow? said:
2 Justice will be served
3 Proper deterent
I LIKE IT!

Big Brother style vote off except the chair in the diary room is old sparky !

edited for no real reason

Can the Mail not write a balanced article reporting the news, rather than some diatribe influenced by the pinko fool who wrote it, full of loaded words like "gruesome"?

I'd be very happy to see this happen here; preferably officially, but if a few pikeys start appearing on lampposts I might not complain :twisted:

Bravo_Zulu said:
Can the Mail not write a balanced article reporting the news, rather than some diatribe influenced by the pinko fool who wrote it, full of loaded words like "gruesome"?

I'd be very happy to see this happen here; preferably officially, but if a few pikeys start appearing on lampposts I might not complain :twisted:
:twisted: NO NO NO

That would be against their human LIGHTS.........

:oops: i know, go get a taxi........

whatnow? said:
Bravo_Zulu said:

:twisted: NO NO NO

That would be against their human LIGHTS.........

:oops: i know, go get a taxi........
Don't forget your coat ;) :D

roadster280 said:
CQMS said:
BV_Technician said:
whatnow? said:
2 Justice will be served
3 Proper deterent
Some sort of Gladiators programme where the winner gets commuted to life.
See, they said the do-gooders would appear and lo and behold!

COMMUTED??? WTF? The general idea of capital punishment is that the bad guys die. 100% of those executed do not reoffend. Gladiators by all means. Just have the prize being something like "gets to go first".

Fcuking pinkos. I've $hit em.
The winner gets a pint and a ciggy- then executed !
only fair he should get some reward ! :twisted:

Ps if a hangman is needed i will be more than willing change from my current employment

Bravo_Zulu said:

Yes, I'm mostly with you there, not sure about the fexlible use of our lamp posts. They should be exclusively preserved for the current tribe that pose as a government, in fact I'd insist that English Heritage make a point of it.

Dignity has to be maintained however. A review of the Pierrepoint book / movie for the St. Kitts staff may be in order.

As for the 30 bucks a massage bloke, I surmise that he'll be spending his current fee on personal security, if there are 8 more to be 'done'.