Munich Oktoberfest

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by msr, Apr 16, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

I am thinking of organising a trip down to Munich, and what better way of celebrating our arrival with a beer?

Is the Oktoberfest worth visiting, and if so, for how long?

2. Oktoberfest is awesome, loads of cheap beer, that doesn't give you a hangover. Me and a mate drank about 6 or 7 litres of the stuff, totally plastered with no ill effects the day after, awesome.

The best time to go is for the opening weekend (16 September this year) as they do all the parades etc. Other than that, when it is on just stay as long as you can because the craic is mighty.
  3. I lived in Bavaria two years and the Oktoberfest is just fantastic.....if you don't mind travelling an hour ish to get there you could try the REME Hotel in Wertach as thats cheap and has a decent bar.....0049 5221 9953447 for more info.....I know I'm plugging it!! lol
  4. If you have never been to an Oktoberfest you should.... It should be higher up the priority list than visiting your poorly mum in hospital.

God only knows why it isn't a wonder of the world.

Take a one litre stein with you and put one in your suitcase / bergan / lidle carrier bag as spare.

Been a few times, if you are staying local book now or get cold, alternatively sign out a few 9x9s from the sigs store and book into a camping platz. Remember to drape a union flag over your 9x9 though or you will never find it amongst all the other Brit squaddies who have the same idea
  5. Right rather than start a new thread I thought I would borrow this one.

I have a wee problem, going to Oktoberfest with a couple of mates and was just gonna kip in the airport or rely on being invited back to peoples homes as per last year. Nowt wrong with that but a spanner has been thrown in the works in the form of two Canadian girls who will now be joining us, for some reason their not keen on my blind faith getting us accomodated and the thought of roughing it doesn't much appeal to them.

I've frantically been searching for some hostel but to no avail, worst comes to the worst and they will have to lower their standards to camping however does anyone out there have a golden nugget in the form of a underpublished hostel or any advice on finding some hard cover at such late notice,

6. Bloody hell M_D_N the most sensible post you have ever written and in total agreement. Get on the camping site and I would definately go for two or three days its one of the best p*ss ups you will ever experience. Try and find out where the Ozzies are drinking as there are plenty of young Oz lassies gagging for it so pack plenty of condoms. Loads of massive beer tents and traditional Bavarian music so get use to the beir drinking chants and games.

ENJOY :party: :party: :party:
    :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: Dont forget the :tp: