Munich Air Diasaster

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by rick_rolled, Feb 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 50 year anniversary tomorrow . . . does anyone care!?

I don't.
  2. go f*@k yourself
  3. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

Yes. It was a defining moment in Manchester. Today there is a lack of how it affected the city, that Kennedy moment. These were young men in their prime who had survived a war. They treated the working men of Manchester to an escape from the grime and grim of their daily lives.

For those of you who are not a Manc or Utd fan consider this. The group of young men had some of England's finest players, imagine if Duncan Edwards had survived and gone on to play for England.

Having spoken to a mates Dad, a City fan, he described how it affected the city and his family (true blues to a core).

Hopefully the city fans on Sunday will respect the silence, not for Utd but for the city and the loss of their great goalkeeper.
  4. To be fair, I think football fans in general care about this, and I dont think this should be in the NAAFI bar mate.
  5. Yeah we might have won the world cup in the Sixties...............Hang on.

Yeah a great shame at the time but to be honest I am a bit sick of the news coverage on it already.
  6. Why not?
    At the moment there is a thread about a bird who got stabbed and then shagged with comments like "She is fit, Where is she buried" Are you saying that thats ok but because its footballers that are "heros" it shouldn't be here? Balls. Its in the NAAFI cos of what the origanal poster wanted. I suspect that would have been a piss take.
  7. Tell you what then, every anniversay of someones death, lets make a post about it in the NAAFI bar, im sure some sick fatherless could take the urine...

Yeah i bit... bring it on Yawn, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  8. Didnt see that one, so cant comment on it, but i like football, (yeah, even though i support Aberdeen), and think that this is in poor taste.

The other one is also.

Siht happens
  9. I hope respect is shown by the liverpool(my team) fans on sunday as well
    some great players lost their lives in that tragedy

Rick rolled please go and have a seizure somewhere quiet pr-ck
  10. Wasn't it the Munich Air disaster they made that film about argie cannibals that scoffed each other in the bavarian mountains?
  11. like 9/11 and Di it'll never go away....yawn and bear it.
  12. I take it you have been telling everyone in your local that all the Jeremy Beadle jokes doing the rounds recently have been in very poor taste and not funny at all.
  13. :D
    I have'nt told any of them!!!
  14. on that one minister i think its called Alive