Mummys little soldier marching with the Guard outside Windsor Castle

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by jaybee2786, Nov 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This was posted about 3 weeks ago by someone else.

2. I've seen a lot worse drill wise.

3. Barfing Guardsman

4. Must be hard for the Guardsman to keep from booting the little cunt over the goal post for taking the piss. :p :p All the mums say "How cute!" and the Americans and Germans take video of it but I don't find it particularly heart-warming. I'm not that fond of civvies. ;-)

5. You'll die unloved and alone. Miserable bugger.

6. I wonder how old that is, it's on film, poor at that and the Mighty SLR is in evidence.

1980's ?

7. I remember there was guy who used to bring his kid along to most of the guard mounts in the early 80's. The kid always had the correct band on his forage cap for the regiment taking over. If you watched long enough, it became pretty evident that this was daddy's idea and he seemed to get more out of it than the kid. I remember the dad pushing the kid along one day as he was obviously not in the mood for a bit of drill and just wanted to go home and play with his lego.

Always made me wonder what that was all about.

8. Look at the clothes the civies are cutting around in. Late 60's/70's I reckon.

9. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

The kids got an "Airfix" SLR so that would make it most likely 60s , I almost shot a kid with one of the effin things at St Angilo in 69 at a distance it looked like the real thing and the little cnut was laying down pointing it at us, Airfix also did a pretty neat Thomson gun I had one when I was about 9 or 10