Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Mum who put that car there

According to the DM, he's on 130K a week, so no skin off his nose.
Agree, a spell in the Scrubs would have worked wonders.

Normally with you on this one, I'm definitely one of the hang-em-high brigade however I think prison would be a bit brutal for something that, lets face it, many of us have done in another time and era. It was a **** up of the most gargantuan proportions and I think an 86k fine is the wrong decision as well. I think this would be a good use for restorative justice. A whopping number of community service hours and community service hours where his fame can be milked for the general good like keeping the wobblies in old peoples homes entertained in person.

Normally with you on this one, I'm definitely one of the hang-em-high brigade however I think prison would be a bit brutal for something that, lets face it, many of us have done in another time and era. It was a **** up of the most gargantuan proportions and I think an 86k fine is the wrong decision as well. I think this would be a good use for restorative justice. A whopping number of community service hours and community service hours where his fame can be milked for the general good like keeping the wobblies in old peoples homes entertained in person.
Problem is, once someone mentions 'addiction', it's probation and off to rehab or AA (which has never been proved as effective in independent studies). Community payback is only for those who don't have addiction problems; therefore there's no motivation for people to get on top of their problems. It's the 'not my fault' culture again.

Last edited:
Problem is, once someone mentions 'addiction', it's probation and off to rehab or AA (which has never been proved as effective in independent studies). Community payback is only for those who don't have addiction problems; therefore there's no motivation for people to get on top of their problems. It's the 'not my fault' culture again.

With your average bag-head I'd totally agree however I do have degree of sympathy here. This isn't an illegal substance addiction, I myself have had a long stretch of trams following an accident and **** me, it hurt giving them up - they made there world feel fluffy! He has got a MASSIVE motivation, he can get back from this but one more **** up and he might as well hold a Barrymore party.