Multiple wives will mean multiple benefits

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Blogg, Feb 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Tell me this is a joke :?
  2. I have to suport all my Ex wives,( got a few :roll:), should I be able to clain for them? :?
  3. I think this is really unfair to monogomous lesbians.
    What about their rights?
    Why should they subsidise polygomous scroungers.

I think they should all be given £10,000 compensation immediatley.
    I can't think of a better way to spend my taxes.
  4. Multiple wives + multiple benefits = Multiple votes + multiple taxes.
  5. i think we should just cut out the middle man by taking all our hard earned money and just showering the fat lazy anti-british muslim bastards with it. it seems quicker that way as labour seem determined to make them rich with our money one way or another..
  6. I wish it were. But no, it is for real.

The Treasury, DWP, HM Revenue and Customs and the Home Office are all supposed to agree this is "the best possible" option.

I rather doubt that and smell a craven political fix
  7. So if I divorce Mrs htb, and marry 6 non-white type people and don't work, I'll be sorted?
  8. Need to find somewhere where polygamous marriages are legal but otherwise not a problem it seems:

"New guidelines on income support from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) state: "Where there is a valid polygamous marriage the claimant and one spouse will be paid the couple rate ... The amount payable for each additional spouse is presently £33.65."

Income support for all of the wives may be paid directly into the husband's bank account, if the family so choose. Under the deal agreed by ministers, a husband with multiple wives may also be eligible for additional housing benefit and council tax benefit to reflect the larger property needed for his family."

Anybody see a small flaw in this?
  9. Yeah, all of it.
  10. This is very, very odd. Islam allows a man up to four wives, but only IF HE CAN SUPPORT THEM.
  11. I have now read that article a couple of times and still cannot get my head around it. And I am usually the first hurl the word "bigot" at anyone who condems immigrants and those on benefits.

I have difficulty squaring this with:
    *Bigamy is a crime in Britain.
    *Islamic law blah blah blah ....... provided the man spends equal time and money on each wife. And isn't the luxury of having more wives dependent on the man's ablity to afford them?
    *What is "generally" in the bit about men not usually being permitted to bring a second wife into the UK?
    *And if someone comes in on a tourist visa, student visa or work permit, won't that mean they don't require benefits?
    *And, it would seem to me, that if someone is divorced under British law, that is it ....... end of claim ..... finito!

Edited to add: It has taken me ages to type this .... so I apologise for duplicating points already made in previous posts.
  12. Have I missed something or does the UK come under Islamic law?

Polygamous marriages are firstly illegal in this country and secondly, shouldnt be recognised by paying welfare benefits; ie my taxes paying for something that is illegal. Surely this isn't right?

How the hell can we allow an act that is legal in one country and not in this one to be openly condoned by the government?

What next? Allowing Muslims the right to stone their own to death or allow genital mutilation or beheading in this country?

Yet another nail in the British Muslims cause of wanting to be treated equally without a fuss (as the majority of them do).

This interested me too;

So what its saying is the chap can only legally have one wife in this country but his others will only be here on temporary visas. Therefore not British citizens but he is still legally able to claim for them. Thats just barking mad and will open the flood gates for those that will claim to take on fcking millions of 'wives'.

Way to go, Liabour. One hell of a start for a Welfare Reform.
  13. If Legal married are entitled then Common Law wives must also qualify.
    I do agree with the comment that under Islam you can have 4 wifes, only if YOU can afford them, also memory says all must receive the same level of treatment.
    Appeasement thats all it is.
  14. In which country?