Multiple Trojans

A friend (yes i do have some) has a pc that seems to have multiple infections of trojans on it.
Their anti virus seems not to be able to get rid of it, any suggestions what to get it clean with?
And once clean, what's the best AV/Firewall to use to limit it happening again?

try something like Malwarebytes or Trojankiller to remove it. I use M'soft Security Essentials along with Malwarebytes and Spybot and rarely have issues. Somethings though just waltz straight through AV and take a huge dump on your computer.

Before using mawarebytes, use Rkill. It stops naughty processes, ie ones that tell the trojan to hide when a anti-malware programme is on.

Before using mawarebytes, use Rkill. It stops naughty processes, ie ones that tell the trojan to hide when a anti-malware programme is on.
Thats the bugger. Had forgotten the name of it. Saved my arrse from a few rather nasty bits of the sneakier malware that has

remember to start the computer in safe mode before trying to kill any malware off

A Trojan virus derives its name from the Trojan horse which the Greeks used to gain entry to surreptitiously gain entry to the kingdom of Troy. A Trojan virus in a similar fashion is disguised as a seemingly safe and innocent email, program, picture, screensaver, video codec, widget or file which once installed, causes damage to the host computer without letting the user know about its presence.
Thankyou, thankyou very much.

phil245

LE
Book Reviewer
Go onto the Microsoft website and download Microsoft security essentials. I have been running this for about six months and it stops any malware, AV etc. getting through.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E The NAAFI Bar 10
A Aviation 3
Seadog Current Affairs, News and Analysis 6