Multiple Trojans

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by fltpilot, Nov 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A friend (yes i do have some) has a pc that seems to have multiple infections of trojans on it.
    Their anti virus seems not to be able to get rid of it, any suggestions what to get it clean with?
    And once clean, what's the best AV/Firewall to use to limit it happening again?
  2. try something like Malwarebytes or Trojankiller to remove it. I use M'soft Security Essentials along with Malwarebytes and Spybot and rarely have issues. Somethings though just waltz straight through AV and take a huge dump on your computer.
  3. Before using mawarebytes, use Rkill. It stops naughty processes, ie ones that tell the trojan to hide when a anti-malware programme is on.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Thats the bugger. Had forgotten the name of it. Saved my arrse from a few rather nasty bits of the sneakier malware that has
  5. remember to start the computer in safe mode before trying to kill any malware off
  6. Thankyou, thankyou very much.
  7. phil245

phil245 LE Book Reviewer

Go onto the Microsoft website and download Microsoft security essentials. I have been running this for about six months and it stops any malware, AV etc. getting through.
  8. Fill your boots.........!

....fill your missus's boot!

9. All sorted about 4 hour's after first posting, but thanks for the input.