Multiple Displays of Same Word

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by The_Phantom_Bear_Dresser, Jan 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm seeing this problem again. It did appear to go away, but I've seen it in several posts today. Romies post in the spammers thread to name but one.

TPBD

2. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

I don't get this which makes it very difficult to correct. Can you post a screenshot pse?

3. BCO,

I'm blonde and female and have no idea how to do that, even with the simple instruction!!

TPBD

Edit, I tried copy and paste it in but it misses out the doubled up word

4. I think this is the one TPBD refers to. "answered" is at the end of the first line and at the start of the second.

Doub.jpg

5. Hooray someone who can do screen shots ;-)

Many thanks Pete that's the one I meant.

BCO

The problem did go away for a bit but now I'm seeing it again.

Any ideas as to what is causing it?

TPBD

6. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

I've only ever noticed it at work (using IE). Never had the problem at home using Chrome.

7. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Anyone know which version of IE? If it is 6 or 7 then I'm afraid it ain't going to get fixed anytime soon!

8. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

It's IE7 at my place but I've no choice in the matter. No probs at all with Chrome or Firefox though while at home.

9. I posted a thread on this issue a while back. It's an IE7 issue. It doesn't happen in newer browsers

10. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

This was raised in one of the longer threads a month or so back. I looked in to it and I think the outcome was that it was a bug in Internet Explorer. I can't spend more time on it now, but a quick search revealed this for IE6: IE6 Duplicate Characters Bug - CSS fixes and workarounds. The interesting part is that while it's not our fault, we may be able to fix it.

I don't know about IE7. If someone fancies playing with the advanced search or a trawl through the last 2 months worth of posts in here then you'll find the answer :) If not I'll look again later.

11. Thank you GCO!!! It's only when I'm in the wrong office, which is usually most of the time

TPBD