Multifunctional Kit

Mattb

LE
As a nice chap from the LAD said:

'Don't force it! Get a bigger hammer.' He was quite well spoken.
Think that's the approach many members of this site take to sex as well.

"squaddie-proofing " to the MoD means taking an off the shelf item, encasing it in steel with jagged bits that catch on everything, making it weigh as much as a landrover, calling it 'man-portable' and then paying an obscene amount for it.
anything battery-powered must take an unusual size and shape of battery, or require 47 AA batteries that will last 17.5 minutes. Changing the batteries should take 18 minutes, and involve dismantling the item.
Charging an item must require something at least landrover sized.
Training for said item must be a three-week course, condensed into a week, half of which will be spent skiving off early after falling asleep listening to people read a Powerpoint presentation to you that you could have read from the screen yourself.

I have definitely pointed this out before on here.
Ah, young padwan is wise in the ways of antler....

Lightweight kit would be welcome I`m sure , the only problem with that is Infantrymen will just get loaded up with something else to the point they receive permanent injuries , from what I hear over loading infantrymen is serious issue more than ever , an area the OP could look at ?

Last edited:

Chef

LE
"squaddie-proofing " to the MoD means taking an off the shelf item, encasing it in steel with jagged bits that catch on everything, making it weigh as much as a landrover, calling it 'man-portable' and then paying an obscene amount for it.
anything battery-powered must take an unusual size and shape of battery, or require 47 AA batteries that will last 17.5 minutes. Changing the batteries should take 18 minutes, and involve dismantling the item.
Charging an item must require something at least landrover sized.
Training for said item must be a three-week course, condensed into a week, half of which will be spent skiving off early after falling asleep listening to people read a Powerpoint presentation to you that you could have read from the screen yourself.

I have definitely pointed this out before on here.
Years ago I watched a programme on video games and the company involved in one of the early arcade rally type games where there was a cockpit to sit in, steering wheel, pedals etc.

All those sorts of units were child proofed as a matter of course.

Soldier proof was childproof ramped up to 11 and a recognised standard at least within that company.

Speak to an armourer who isn't a grumpy cunt (if you can find one) and get the dimensions of any wrenches, screwdrivers and other odds and sods he uses on the SA80 or GPMG. Design a single tool with all that on it for each weapon, along with a small pry bar built in for stubborn bits. Package with the cleaning kit in a new and better designed roll, possibly with a slot for a racing spoon and a small bottle of Tabasco.

Hooks with a comfortable handle and wide attachment points that can be used for lifting loads, carrying stretchers, securing packs and so on. Perhaps a sling for the shoulder carry as well, but make sure they can be released instantly. Might make lugging large loads by more than one person a bit simpler, leaving hands free with a sling or in better shape with a soft webbing handle. Good for stretcher runs but I'm sure PTIs would rather see the guys suffer a bit.
One of these for the SA80 ?

The Galil rifle was a bottle opener, a wire cutter and an effective assault rifle, but it became obsolete when ring pull drinks cans replaced crown-corked bottles.

Fair enough, £2,499,999 it is.
As Frenchiermc's (self) elected agent for all transactions, I will make sure this payment is transferred forthwith.

Please send me the £199.99 administration fee, so that I can release the funds.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
Lightweight kit would be welcome I`m sure , the only problem with that is Infantrymen will just get loaded up with something else to the point they receive permanent injuries , from what I hear over loading infantrymen is serious issue more than ever , an area the OP could look at ?
is that not why they keep looking at exoskeletons?

how about an ejection suit for eod techs.,

Latest Threads