Multifunctional Kit

Hi everyone,
I’m doing this project for an exam and have been given the challenge to design a multifunctional product that could go into circulation to help an infantryman this needs to be a fairly original idea and was wondering if any of you had ever encountered any problems with kit where something like this could be helpful. Any suggestions are helpful I just need to know the big issues that could be fixed.
Cheers,
Tom

How about a crayon sharpened at both ends! They’ll love that.

UKTAP

LE
How about some zips that attach to the laces of your boots, so soldiers can take on and off their boots simply by zipping or unzipping?

Don't do that, by the way, it was a gash idea.

Real idea:

Some sort of bag where kit could be dried in hanging from a basha? I know soldiers get issued laundry bags, but maybe a green one which clips on to stuff, and is insect proof? Also, it could be slept with for cold weather?

arfah

LE
A lightweight 3D printer so they can download their kit when they need it, rather than carry it.

A lightweight 3D printer so they can download their kit when they need it, rather than carry it.
Who is going to carry the printer and the printer materials to make the kit from?

Obviously it needs to be self propelled.

design a multifunctional product that could go into circulation... be a fairly original idea
Unfortunately Tom, soldiering has been around since just after the first prostitute, so having an original idea is going to be impossible as most things have just evolved over many many years.

There will be a fair bit of piss taking, especially at this time of night, but someone might think of something. Go down the food route, squaddies love scoff!

Boxy

GCM
A more modern take on the mess tins, knife, fork and spoon /cooker & windshield?

If you create body armour that is lightweight, flexible yet protective while allowing cooling without any power source and works as a load carrying system then you'll be onto a winner.

Portable holes to save on digging shell scrapes and the like.

Or a decent rifle.

Mattb

LE
Hi everyone,
I’m doing this project for an exam and have been given the challenge to design a multifunctional product that could go into circulation to help an infantryman this needs to be a fairly original idea and was wondering if any of you had ever encountered any problems with kit where something like this could be helpful. Any suggestions are helpful I just need to know the big issues that could be fixed.
Cheers,
Tom
Some sort of powered, flying armour with miniature guided missiles, blasters and an advanced AI assistant. Possibly in red and gold.

NB possibly not a completely original idea.

JackSofty

War Hero
Portable holes to save on digging shell scrapes and the like.
I believe that one Terence (Spike) Milligan got there before you:

"'Oles, portable 'oles,
They'd be useful for troops,
Including all the Poles."

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds

Last edited:
A shirt you can’t roll the sleeves up on.

JackSofty

War Hero
Possibly a serious sugggestion, a doss bag with integrated basha/bivi utilising lightweight, flexible hoops as seen on 'pop-up tents?

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds

Latest Threads