• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Multiculturism at Work

Two stories about how people are getting together so that they can understand each others cultures

In High Wycombe there are dinner parties organised inviting guests form other cultures, whilst Gill Hicks - who lost both legs in the 7th July bombings - is walking from Leeds to London inviting people from both cultures to walk along "to meet, walk and talk with each other about matters of belief and conscience".

Perhaps those who have such funny views on Islam should join in and get rid of their misconseptions

Sven said:
Two stories about how people are getting together so that they can understand each others cultures

In High Wycombe there are dinner parties organised inviting guests form other cultures, whilst Gill Hicks - who lost both legs in the 7th July bombings - is walking from Leeds to London inviting people from both cultures to walk along "to meet, walk and talk with each other about matters of belief and conscience".

Perhaps those who have such funny views on Islam should join in and get rid of their misconseptions
That well known anti-dote to the ills of society-go on a sponsored walk.Genius.

Sven, if you read those stories you'd realise that they're celebrating the antithesis of 'multiculturism'. 'Meeting of minds', 'bringing communities together' etc isn't to do with two or more mutually exclusive 'cultures' continuing to exist alongside each other, but to unifying them into a new understanding of their environment and each other - a new culture, if you will. 'Multiculturists' are only pushers of apartheid in a new, PC guise; only to be expected of the sort of mindset which believes in it.

Random_Task said:
Sven said:

Nope, not a sponsored walk - not a penny being claimed. It is purely to get people from both communities getting together in the way mentioned above.

Perhaps You should go and make friends with some muslims from Beeston RT

Fcuk em they can fit in with my ways, not the other way round, why do I need to / want to know about Islam ............I don't live in an Islamic state ( yet anyway )...when in Rome and all that

Whiskybreath said:
Sven, if you read those stories you'd realise that they're celebrating the antithesis of 'multiculturism'. 'Meeting of minds', 'bringing communities together' etc isn't to do with two or more mutually exclusive 'cultures' continuing to exist alongside each other, but to unifying them into a new understanding of their environment and each other - a new culture, if you will. 'Multiculturists' are only pushers of apartheid in a new, PC guise; only to be expected of the sort of mindset which believes in it.
You are wrong.

They are not suggesting a single homogeneous community, just getting together so that each can understand and not feel threatened by the other.

Sven said:
Random_Task said:
Sven said:

Nope, not a sponsored walk - not a penny being claimed. It is purely to get people from both communities getting together in the way mentioned above.

I have Muslim friends already,why should I seek out Muslims from Beeston because of what happened on July 7th? are they a better class of Muslim?

Oddly enough,I make friends with people because I like them,I don't befriend people to fulfill any kind of personal/nanny state qoutas. Call me a bluff old traditionalist, but I have always felt that friendship transcended religion/race/ethnicity/sexuality.

The_Terrible_Twins said:
Fcuk em they can fit in with my ways, not the other way round, why do I need to / want to know about Islam ............I don't live in an Islamic state ( yet anyway )...when in Rome and all that
Perhaps Your misconception on the 'islamic state' is exactly why You should go to one of the dinner parties :roll:

The_Terrible_Twins said:
Yes, I'll go with that.

Whenever I've been travelling or working in Muslim states I've always made a point of being considerate and thoughtful towards their social and cultural norms.

If they expect me to do the same here they can fcuk off.

Random_Task said:
Sven said:
Random_Task said:
Sven said:

I have Muslim friends already,why should I seek out Muslims from Beeston because of what happened on July 7th? are they a better class of Muslim?

Oddly enough,I make friends with people because I like them,I don't befriend people to fulfill any kind of personal/nanny state qoutas. Call me a bluff old traditionalist, but I have always felt that friendship transcended religion/race/ethnicity/sexuality.
Perhaps You should ask those muslim friends of Yours why the walk is such a good idea.

Sven said:
Random_Task said:
Sven said:
Random_Task said:
Sven said:

Perhaps You should ask those muslim friends of Yours why the walk is such a good idea.
I don't think he gives a f*ck to be honest,he's from Bosnia,and he has seen first hand the consequences of 'balkanisation' (in a cultural sense).

Sven said:
You are wrong.

They are not suggesting a single homogeneous community, just getting together so that each can understand and not feel threatened by the other.
So who said anything about 'homogeneity'? Is any culture homogenous? A certain Unity of outlook is all that is required, and that doesn't mean that you're excluded by way of the pixies you worship, or the colour of your skin. England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland used to have a type of unity (God help us), and the USA certainly does. 'Multiculturism' is a label which specifically applies to disparate and mutually uncommunicative 'communities' (God help us again) within a larger environment. The sooner it is dispensed with as a concept, the better, as it is the direct cause of Ms Gill's disability.

Sven said:
Random_Task said:
Sven said:
Random_Task said:
Sven said:

Perhaps you should give us the answer , Oh, sanctimonious all knowing One :roll:

Sven said:
The_Terrible_Twins said:
Perhaps Your misconception on the 'islamic state' is exactly why You should go to one of the dinner parties :roll:
I've worked for many years in Lybia, Saudi in the oil business so you don't have anything to tell me Sven about Islamic countries ( probably the other way round ).

And do you know what I obeyed the law of whatever country I was in, and if I did'nt like it I had an easy choice leave the country.....

We live in a Christian country why the fcuk shouild I make any effort to understand their relegion , the same as they made no effort to understand mine when Iwas in their country.

You're the liberal lefty thats ruined this country Sven, so make with the witty comments, and be proud that you and your kind have fcuked up a once great country :evil:

Maybe I'll go for a walk through Normanton tomorrow and hand out flags to celebrate St Georges day. I've got a good idea of the response I'd get.

The_Terrible_Twins said:
dead right, they bomb people and we should walk with them to help us understand, we shoud bomb them back to the stoneage

Sven said:
The_Terrible_Twins said:
Sven
I am afraid that here you are probably in the minority. You only have to spend a little time in states that are controlled by Muslims or those that purport to be Islamic thoecracies to realise that there is no urge to understand the western secular or Christian based cultures. They already know what they want to know about our religion as they regard Jesus Christ as a prophet and they despise the secular amongst us for being athiests etc.

We are at the most tolerated when in these countries and often thoroughly abused. The blatant discrimination between the muslim and the kuffar is so extreme in places like Iran (Shia) and Saudi (Wahabi Sunni) that it is almost tangable.

Perhaps if we started saying that we had our mores and culture and that the Muslim who wants us to understand his culture so much that we have to change our life style should consider his or her place in our society; then people would actually have to work out where their loyalty lies.

The committed Muslim lives by the Koran, in my mind a fairly difficult piece of literature which we are told is the word of God handed to the prophet (who could neither read or write so could not have known anything about the Torah or the Bible) and then moderated by a group of scholars who decided exactly what the prophet actually said and wrote it down (being illeterate he could hardly proof read it). He or she has no need of our judgements placed upon him and there is no case of when in Rome etc. It is wherever you are do as the Koran dictates.

We people of the book are to be tolerated and permitted to practice our religion (but only if we pay a tax to the islamic authorities) otherwise we are in danger of being put to the sword.

The disaffected 2nd generation muslim youth are rebelling against their parents attempts to integrate and see their parents attempts as betrayal of their heritage. Those that you would have dinner with, Halal of course despite any squeemishness you might have about that particular method of slaughter, will already have been dismissed by the 2nd generation as the muslim equivalent of Uncle Toms.

It is too late for integration or multiculturalism; we are going to end up with total polarisation and who ever breeds faster will win. I am saddened by this but am convinced it is true. I do not want my daughters to grow up in a world where their word is not worth that of a man or where Sharia law controls their every waking moment.

If you considerr me to be scaremongering read websites such as Ummah.com where there is much discussion whether this or that is halal or haram but where only the tinyest digging will expose you to extreme islamofaschism - and all the dinner parties in the world are not going to change the main aim of the muslim world, that is domination and the imposition of the Caliphate. :cry:

Dinner parties Sven.... how terribly chattering classes.......
You really would make a good politician, you see only what you want to see.

exile1 said:
Dinner parties Sven.... how terribly chattering classes.......
You really would make a good politician, you see only what you want to see.
Far be it from me to defend Sven, but I would say that defines about 99% of the posts on this thread.

I have to say though, that I do not believe the original post shows Multiculturalism at work. I think it shows people seeing Multiculturalism (and the Apartheid it imposes) as the failure it is and working out their own way to get to know their neighbours.

Take the mick all you want, but all it takes is a few people to have their minds changed - on both sides of the fence.

Latest Threads