Multiculturalism - The Christmas Carol ramming religion in your face

I don't like Christmas' roots, it's named after a entity and history I don't believe in. I don't know who Christ is supposed to be (the son of God?!) or who the King of Israel is, I thought WW2 invented the Jewish state.

The nativity, women giving birth in stables, is still happening in the ME today, 2016 years later.

I personally hate the sound of children singing, old people singing and the things they sing about.

Even worse is Leo sayer doing his rounds, however thanks to children in the vicinity of cliff he has gone to ground and elton seems to have gone cold too.

Apart from 2 weeks off and a new air compressor, the only good thing about this time of year is that living half a world away I can ignore Skype.

Joy to the world??......Shoite.

Mattb

LE
Yeah, but I like presents, food, Die Hard and Christmas sex. So still thumbs up for me.

Yeah, but I like presents, food, Die Hard and Christmas sex. So still thumbs up for me.
And the excuse to binge on decent single malts.

What about a 70 year old Paul Young dressed in a silver suit singing a jazzed up Jingle Bell Rock complete with swinging clicking finger in 2016?

hotel_california

LE
Book Reviewer
Its the one time of year I can start drinking at 0800 without being labled an alcoholic. What's not to like?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I don't like Christmas' roots, it's named after a entity and history I don't believe in. I don't know who Christ is supposed to be (the son of God?!) or who the King of Israel is, I thought WW2 invented the Jewish state.

The nativity, women giving birth in stables, is still happening in the ME today, 2016 years later.

I personally hate the sound of children singing, old people singing and the things they sing about.

Even worse is Leo sayer doing his rounds, however thanks to children in the vicinity of cliff he has gone to ground and elton seems to have gone cold too.

Apart from 2 weeks off and a new air compressor, the only good thing about this time of year is that living half a world away I can ignore Skype.

You had a deprived childhood didn't you?
Or have you a hangover this fine Sunday morning?
Either way a merry merry Christmas to you.

Carol singers are basically a form of religious extremism. Can you imagine how non-Christians and Christians who don't subscribe to the 'white Jesus' myth feel when extremist youth knock on the door at night and issue a religion based threat?

Can you imagine the outcry if Muslims went door to door chanting religious nasheeds during Ramadan?

I'm shaking right now.

Carol singers are basically a form of religious extremism. Can you imagine how non-Christians and Christians who don't subscribe to the 'white Jesus' myth feel when extremist youth knock on the door at night and issue a religion based threat?

Can you imagine the outcry if Muslims went door to door chanting religious nasheeds during Ramadan?

I'm shaking right now.
Bloody Christians taking Liberties

We don't have Hindus harmonising in Hampstead Heath or Shiites shattering sheet glass in South Stockport
or Buddhist barber shop quartets barracking Bromley or Jewish Jingles jettisoned over Jedburgh or Sikhs singing soulfully in Scunthorpe.

To badly misquote and butcher Monty Python

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru

I'm shaking right now.
We hear a damn sight more about Ramadan than we do about Carol singers. It's on the news, radio, I get emails telling me about it. I get no emails about any other religious event.

Blogg

LE
A dreadful piece of cultural repurposing by the Romans, specifically the Emperor Constantine who turned Christian in 313

25th December was start of the Winter Solstice Feast of Mithras so the plebs were used to a pagan piss up then following on from the Saturnalia and the prospect of it being ditched wound them up something rotten.

The early church, realising this was really bad press, got a learned monk called Dionysius Exiguus to reseach the topic and by some strange chance determine the birth of Christ just happened to be on the same day.

Happy Winter Solstice Feast of Mithras to you all

upload_2016-12-18_12-9-26.jpeg

BAH, HUMBUG!!!

The only reason I'm ignoring Christmas this year is because I'm in Kabul. I was home last year and loved: the run up to it (Christmas markets, buckshee mince pies in supermarkets, glühwein etc.), Christmas Day, drinks with siblings and friends during that limbo period between Boxing Day and New Years Eve - followed by a brilliant party at my little brother's house.

BRITMIL have organised a carol service and party tonight - so I'm looking forward to the sausage-fest!

Last edited:

hank

War Hero
A dreadful piece of cultural repurposing by the Romans, specifically the Emperor Constantine who turned Christian in 313

25th December was start of the Winter Solstice Feast of Mithras so the plebs were used to a pagan piss up then following on from the Saturnalia and the prospect of it being ditched wound them up something rotten.

The early church, realising this was really bad press, got a learned monk called Dionysius Exiguus to reseach the topic and by some strange chance determine the birth of Christ just happened to be on the same day.

Happy Winter Solstice Feast of Mithras to you all

View attachment 268199
They just dumped all the Christian festivals on bank holidays. Bloody laziness.

I enjoy the time off at Christmas , good food and drink , carefully chosen company , a shite Christmas is down to shite planning.

BAH, HUMBUG!!!

The only reason I'm ignoring Christmas this year is because I'm in Kabul. I was home last year and loved: the run up to it (Christmas markets, buckshee mince pies in supermarkets, glühwein etc.), Christmas Day, drinks with siblings and friends during that limbo period between Boxing Day and New Years Eve - followed by a brilliant party at my little brother's house.

BRITMIL have organised a carol service and party tonight - so I'm looking forward to the sausage-fest!
Seasons Greetings . Our dog is behaving himself- not

Latest Threads