Multiculturalism, Europe and Islam - what are the options now?

Thus by today's standards, and given my half my family's heritage i must be Mussolini.
Had Mussolini stayed inside Italy's borders (no foreign wars or alliance with Hitler) he would be remembered very differently to how he is today.
It is also worth remembering that the UK considered him to be the senior Fascist and encouraged him to work wit Hitler to calm him down.
No links etc. as I read this a long time ago.

Had Mussolini stayed inside Italy's borders (no foreign wars or alliance with Hitler) he would be remembered very differently to how he is today.
It is also worth remembering that the UK considered him to be the senior Fascist and encouraged him to work wit Hitler to calm him down.
Something along the lines of Franco?

Something along the lines of Franco?
Not sure. Franco came to power after a bloody civil war that totally split Spain. he also was a bloody dictator.
Mussolini does not come across as brutal until he leaves his borders.
That he suppressed the Mafia and communist party is not too much of an indictment on my part considering just how many millions the communists have killed.

Who've you got? I'm such a massive Islamist, not as much as you though, brother, that I'm always trying to shield Islam from any sort of criticism.
Yeah that was noticed as well. Its always someone elses fault isnt it?

According to the Krauts the solution is a European version of Islam that share's the continents values (stop laughing there at the back!)

Instead of tolerating symbols of a reactionary, misogynistic form of Islam, we must promote the development of a European Islam, which shares our values, in order to preserve our free European way of life," penned the two Christian Democrats.
I'm sure they're right, and the word of God will be changed to be more European, what could possibly go wrong.....

I don't think the EU needs a new form of Islam. It just needs to apply laws equally, at all costs, and give much more prominence to secular Muslims.

If you give power to people that dont share your values & make being religiously conservative a viable economic choice, then that is what some people will be attracted to.

My concern is that if we continue to treat the diverse communities as a single conservative entity, then they will start to act as one.

Apropos of nothing in particular, but in chatting with Muslim students across North Africa and the middle East, they don't seem to do very much in life. No sports, no hobbies etc.

Against that, I recall being told by a rabbi here that, in order to become a rabbi, the applicant first has to learn a trade ( to support his family), then has to learn how to play a musical instrument ( for fun) and then only then start worrying about religion.
How true that is, I don't know. But it's pretty smart advice.

When you listen to the descriptions of pre-Islamic society, you can see that Islam was very much a step up in human society. Baby girls being buried alive, camels and sheep being given higher status than humans depending on how many female offspring it had born and the worship of idols. All that was eradicated by this religion which gave people rights where before they had none and gave them an afterlife worth believing in.

Of course that was then and humanity has achieved so much more from unshackling itself from religious law. If it all sounds like total b0llocks to you, ask yourself why your own values & standards & traditions have roots in the past which have no relevance to modern society.
Which would be jolly relevant if we had a bunch of pre islamic arabs decking about the place and we thought they were just spiffing till friend Muslim rocked up and showed us the error of our ways.

But we don't. And we aren't. So that's not relevant to the UK and the real problems islam causes now.

Apropos of nothing in particular, but in chatting with Muslim students across North Africa and the middle East, they don't seem to do very much in life. No sports, no hobbies etc.

Against that, I recall being told by a rabbi here that, in order to become a rabbi, the applicant first has to learn a trade ( to support his family), then has to learn how to play a musical instrument ( for fun) and then only then start worrying about religion.

I've noticed that too. No interests or hobbies. They just go to school/work and go home. No wonder they're so unhappy. Same goes for Pakistanis and Bangladeshis.

Last edited:
More backwards mostly Islamic sh|t in our society:

Running away from arranged marriage

Good to see young Muslims finally waking up to the reality of the Sharia.
I note with amusement you posted that at 2323 Friday night...
Few things...
1. The only mention of Sharia was the bloke saying bigots had yelled at him, dont bring Sharia law into the UK. Because all brown people are Muslins, innit bruv.
2. My understanding is that arranged marriage is cultural, not religious.
3. You need help.

Whilst we are on the topic here - what happened to the "The Koran: New Testament (Europe Edition)" thread?

Are we not allowed talk about what politicians in Germany are proposing for Europe in the form of a more moderate Islam?

Whilst we are on the topic here - what happened to the "The Koran: New Testament (Europe Edition)" thread?

Are we not allowed talk about what politicians in Germany are proposing for Europe in the form of a more moderate Islam?
Creeping Sharia innit, bruv?

Did it involve racist twats talking racist twattery dressed up as fear of catching The Islam?
Asking for a friend...

According to the Krauts the solution is a European version of Islam that share's the continents values (stop laughing there at the back!)

I'm sure they're right, and the word of God will be changed to be more European, what could possibly go wrong.....
The Germans have had to reign in the self-declared Muslim's own Police force in the country -

Western German court fines 'sharia police' patrol

Who'd have thought for a moment that Muslims might come to Germany and try to actually enforce their own religious beliefs and rules upon others?

They should be jailed, not fined.

I'm sure the resident Lefty will be along soon to defend them, to pull the race-card, or try to make out this has nothing to do with Muslims or Sharia.

Presumably playing the oboe doesn't count?

Not that I really take a lot of notice of history, or ever joined any political party of any persuasion, but I was quite surprised that Mussolini is still well- regarded as a patriot, not a monster like Hitler.

Around Lake Garda, especially the area around Salo, there are many blue plaques on buildings, which were important during the Second Republic........... there are some places where you can buy busts, cigarette lighters and fridge magnets of Mussolini.

Latest Threads