Multiculturalism, Europe and Islam - what are the options now?

I beg to differ slightly and offer the opinion that voter apathy has played a very large part in those recent elections as quoted.
If only Fillon (and his Welsh wife) in France had no allegedly sticky fingers within the till, in the past, then the job was his and Macron would have ended up as the Kinnock of France.
As soon as it all came to light about the Fillons, my old Mum could have stood in the second round against Le Pen and won, that is how toxic the brand is.
The turnout in France was 75%, the lowest since 1969.
A quarter (24.3%) abstained and another 12% deliberately spoiled their ballot papers in protest.
To be fair on the Sunday of the second round it was a lovely sunny summers day and I could not have been arsed to vote either, knowing which way it was going.
In Germany the CDU/CSU (Merkel and Co) lost another 8% and got their lowest vote since 1949, probably since democracy was again allowed there.
There is a real groundswell of opinion on the continent against the EU, any ever closer union and member states being ruled from the centre.
Our EU overlords will never be truly scared because they will never be affected by the 25% of rural poverty and deprivation that is within the current EU.
Let alone tomorrow.
When they are affected, like the rest of the political classes elsewhere, they will do something about it.
Clocks are certainly ticking, around the world but closer to the EU home in Greece and Italy.

I beg to differ slightly and offer the opinion that voter apathy has played a very large part in those recent elections as quoted.
If only Fillon (and his Welsh wife) in France had no allegedly sticky fingers within the till, in the past, then the job was his and Macron would have ended up as the Kinnock of France.
As soon as it all came to light about the Fillons, my old Mum could have stood in the second round against Le Pen and won, that is how toxic the brand is.
A quarter (24.3%) abstained and another 12% deliberately spoiled their ballot papers in protest.
To be fair on the Sunday of the second round it was a lovely sunny summers day and I could not have been arsed to vote either, knowing which way it was going.
In Germany the CDU/CSU (Merkel and Co) lost another 8% and got their lowest vote since 1949, probably since democracy was again allowed there.
There is a real groundswell of opinion on the continent against the EU, any ever closer union and member states being ruled from the centre.
Our EU overlords will never be truly scared because they will never be affected by the 25% of rural poverty and deprivation that is within the current EU.
Let alone tomorrow.
When they are affected, like the rest of the political classes elsewhere, they will do something about it.
Clocks are certainly ticking, around the world but closer to the EU home in Greece and Italy.
I hope that you are proved right mate.

Just like what they did in France and Germany? Sure, the right has made huge gains, especially in the Fatherland, but not enough to truly scare our EU Overlords I'm afraid.
Unfortunately, the expected rise of centre right parties in Europe after the brexit result and election of Trump has failed to materialise. And if it hasn't happened now, then it never will.
I believe an Austrian right winger has influenced Germany before. They don't like to talk about it though.

Let alone tomorrow.

My bold, they are in this country as well BUT much of the MSM, especially the beeb wont report it. Just look at the thousands of football supporters from around the country that marched in London recently .. http://www.politicsforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=53692
snip "Thousands of football supporters march against extremism in London to oppose 'recent upsurge' of UK terror attacks"

Sc
I believe an Austrian right winger has influenced Germany before. They don't like to talk about it though.
Schoolboy error there matey! Can you spot it? ;)

Just like what they did in France and Germany? Sure, the right has made huge gains, especially in the Fatherland, but not enough to truly scare our EU Overlords I'm afraid.
Unfortunately, the expected rise of centre right parties in Europe after the brexit result and election of Trump has failed to materialise. And if it hasn't happened now, then it never will.
Except of course in Austria it is different. The very right wing party (Calling them 'extreme' is too....err....extreme) in Austria is known as the Freedom Party (FPÖ), who are currently polling second with 27% after the slightly right wing People's Party (VPÖ) on 33%. It is most likely that they will form a coalition goverment and the right will rule the roost with a healthy majority. They've already 'banned the burkha'.

Except of course in Austria it is different. The very right wing party (Calling them 'extreme' is too....err....extreme) in Austria is known as the Freedom Party (FPÖ), who are currently polling second with 27% after the slightly right wing People's Party (VPÖ) on 33%. It is most likely that they will form a coalition goverment and the right will rule the roost with a healthy majority. They've already 'banned the burkha'.
Freedom Party appears to be slipping into 3rd place after People's Party and the Social Democrats.
Kurtz of the People's Party has also moved to the right on immigration and it looks like he'll form a coalition with the Freedom Party anyway.

They should be scared of what is happening in France, Le Pen got a third of the votes despite nearly every other party and news outlet being against her. Macron is currently as popular as a fart in an astronaut suit, if that continues, Le Pen will make gains in 2022. Her party will be far worse for the EU than our Brexit.

I don't think multiculturalism is going to feature in the Austrian/Hungarian part of the world for a while to come yet, going on the result tonight.
(Just under 80% was the turnout)
But they do have a bit of form in this respect from a while ago.

I don't think multiculturalism is going to feature in the Austrian/Hungarian part of the world for a while to come yet, going on the result tonight.
(Just under 80% was the turnout)
But they do have a bit of form in this respect from a while ago.
Don't ignore the fact that Austria was occupied by a great Moslem force, all the way to Vienna. It only ended when the Legendary Polish king, Jan Sobieski, and his coalition forces routed Suliman the magnificent in 1683. It is still in their national consciousness. Britain, Germany, France and all the other big western European countries (Apart from southern Spain) never suffered the same indignity so don't have quite the same strength of feeling towards what they see as marauding Islamic hordes.

They should be scared of what is happening in France, Le Pen got a third of the votes despite nearly every other party and news outlet being against her. Macron is currently as popular as a fart in an astronaut suit, if that continues, Le Pen will make gains in 2022. Her party will be far worse for the EU than our Brexit.
There was a very interesting programme on BBC World by Robert Peston some while back that was right on the money about France, and one of the interviewees stated that the Front Nationale will one day get in, but it was not expected for quite a few years.

This seems to be panning out.

The 2022 French elections could be of interest...........

There was a very interesting programme on BBC World by Robert Peston some while back that was right on the money about France, and one of the interviewees stated that the Front Nationale will one day get in, but it was not expected for quite a few years.

Look at the massive gains UKIP and the BNP made (and the BNP had zero support). Thats what happens when politicians ignore their voters

Also posted on the BREXIT thread.

Copyright/Posted on October 13, 2017 by Baron Bodissey.

Viktor Orbán: “All the Institutions of the European Union Have Utterly Failed”.

Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orbán spoke today at a summit meeting of the Visegrád Group in Bratislava, the capital of Slovakia.

Left to right: Polish PM Beata Szydło, Czech PM Bohuslav Sobotka, Slovak PM Robert Fico, and Hungarian PM Viktor Orbán at the V4 summit in Bratislava, October 13 2017

http://gatesofvienna.net/…/viktor-orban-all-the-institutio…/

On the principle, that the more times I post the following, the better the chance that it might be noticed by those nice people in Whitehall who monitor this thread ;)

It may be appropriate to repeat the contents of an earlier post . . .

It is to be hoped that someone within our BREXIT team, is pencilling-in the idea of a purely economic, simply-for-trade, "Northern Economic Community" (NEC).

We can/have always worked well with the three Scandinavian countries, to which should be included Finland - now that it has (been allowed to) find/found its "own voice".

The "Visegrad Four", will be as disillusioned as anyone, finding themselves part of "The EuroSSR". Not quite what they expected after the SSSR.

It will probably be a minority suggestion, but purely on the grounds of practical, defence viability, the three Baltic States would add/complete, a geographical, coherent, whole, virtually surrounding the North Sea and the Baltic Sea.

With the remaining southern states/north Mediterranean countries; and, the three BeNeLux countries; faced with the only alternative of the Franco-German axis, it would be interesting to speculate to which group they would then all gravitate.

We ALL stay within NATO . . . obviously!

1540301090825.png

Part 2 of this interesting series of articles tells of a non practicing Catholic who was befriended by young Islamic men "of Moroccan and Turkish roots". He was drawn in by their enthusiasm and his mother converted too...
However, his attitude to his mother changed as her behaviour was not in line with his Salafist expectations. A young woman he was introduced to further radicalised him and led him to Syria.

From Germany to 'Islamic State': Christian's journey | DW | 23.10.2018

Worth watching this short video (2 minutes)

Part 3 is due on Wednesday "Abu Dujana: The Salafi preacher"

i know one thing. En Marche is not going to get in. Macron is going to be annihilated. that's my prediction.

Latest Threads