• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Multicam

#1
I know the multicam thread has probably been done to the death, however I was just wondering which units are currently being allowed to use it on ops?
 
#7
DesktopCommando said:
its due in QM's near you for ops around April :)
No it's not. Only SF have been and will be issued multicam. The new cam which we're getting early next year is entirely different and looks nothing like multicam. The issue will be 3 x sets of the new cam (can't remember its name) and 1 x set of desert cam.
 
#8
MTP - Multi-Terrain Pattern. It is Multicam, but in British 'DPM' style. DIB 52/09 refers.

Edited to add: I think there is a pic of it on the PECOC thread (but as I'm at work at the moment I can't confirm due to lots of red Xs). It's certainly shown in the DIB (pdf version). The DIB should be available on Armynet.
 
#9
Fallschirmjager said:
DesktopCommando said:
its due in QM's near you for ops around April :)
No it's not. Only SF have been and will be issued multicam. The new cam which we're getting early next year is entirely different and looks nothing like multicam. The issue will be 3 x sets of the new cam (can't remember its name) and 1 x set of desert cam.
Which are you supposed to wear round bastion etc?
 
#13
Bravo_Zulu said:
These cool cats, for a start...



yes, I know it's a bit big...
I love this; the bloke on the left ( also known by the big figure in the middle as LUNCH ) has the new ally cam kit on, topped by a big black square of, err, black.
 
#14
Fallschirmjager said:
GreenSlime said:
MTP - Multi-Terrain Pattern. It is Multicam, but in British 'DPM' style. DIB 52/09 refers.
But not the same multicam as SF wear.
Nope. Maybe they'll start wearing standard issue kit now....... 8O

Still, won't affect the airsofters and wannabes - they'll stick to their ebay SAS multicam. :roll:
 
#16
Bravo_Bravo said:
Saw a pic of the MTP, did not think it looked like DPM, tbh.
Yes and no for me. I can see it in the shapes to a degree. Be interesting to see how it looks in real life.

Personally I like the camouflage pattern used on the early Dennison smocks (although, just to be clear, I am not now, nor have I ever been a para or a para walt) :wink:
 
#17
We had a brief on Wednesday from the bloke who writes the business plans for the MoD for procurement. He brought some new kit with him and had a roll of the new MTP material. It looks like nothing i've seen on the PECOC thread or anywhere else. He said it will be issued for the next H tour in smaller numbers but 16AA Bde on Herrick 13 will be issued it lock stock and barrel. The issue is 3 x MTP and 1 x desert cam.
 
#18
GreenSlime said:
Bravo_Bravo said:
Saw a pic of the MTP, did not think it looked like DPM, tbh.
Yes and no for me. I can see it in the shapes to a degree. Be interesting to see how it looks in real life.

Personally I like the camouflage pattern used on the early Dennison smocks (although, just to be clear, I am not now, nor have I ever been a para or a para walt) :wink:
i agree with you - i think the mix of yellow/sand with browns and greens in the old Dennison patten would work well.

Because of where we've been in recent times i dont know why all our wagons aint painted in the OPFOR colours as well - seems to be a bit more universal than just either green or yellow!
 
#19
Yep, the yellow stands out like a bulldogs bollox in Afghan. We painted all our WMIKs with a green/beige mottled effect which blended in perfectly with the surroundings, though at the end of the tour the Marines wanted them yellow again as they are G10 for men and HAVE to stick to issued colours. Mad.
 
#20
Fallschirmjager said:
Yep, the yellow stands out like a bulldogs bollox in Afghan. We painted all our WMIKs with a green/beige mottled effect which blended in perfectly with the surroundings, though at the end of the tour the Marines wanted them yellow again as they are G10 for men and HAVE to stick to issued colours. Mad.
Thats bootnecks for ya - dont suppose it matters what colour it is though if ya got a big white flag hanging off it!!
 

Latest Threads