Multicam trousers with built in knee pads

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Wedgy, Aug 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was running a range the other day when some Hereford guys turned up on the adjacent range. They were wearing the most fandango multi-cam trousers with built in knee pads.

Seeing as it's every young subaltern's job to send The Sergeant Major into meltdown, and they do look the nuts I must get a set, but I can't find them anywhere. Can anyone please help?!

2. Give the Training Wing at Hereford a ring, do the course, get through probation and bingo.....multicam trousers! Shimple! :roll:
  3. I hear that multicam is all the rage in certain theatres but wearing them in the UK ?

Nice to hear that 'Them' are blending in with their surroundings as always ! :D Grey men my arrse ! :)

As to getting a pair ?? Forget it. Anyways, why would you want to be such a queen WALT ?

4. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

check pm
  5. Helpful, thanks!

I wouldn't use them in this country and didn't mention doing so. But as for in theatre, well everyone wears knee pads anyway so why not combine the two, sound like a WALT or just practical? Kn0b!

Daywalker many thanks PM sent.
  6. "As for in theatre, well everyone wears knee pads anyway so why not combine the two"

You'll get yourself noticed by the Taliban as well as the RSM !

You may as well put a crab roundel on a t-shirt, it makes a prettier target :roll:
  7. try land warrior airsoft
  8. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

Why is this waltish :?
  9. THAT post has to be a WAH !! :D

Why would you want to go around in or out of theatre looking like you're from Hereford when you're not.

Dress as what you are and not a wannabe. Or do Selection as has already been said. You must feel very inadequate in your current role.

10. I want some of these

"DPM Spetsnaz Cotton Gaberdine Windproof Trousers:

Inspired by a unique pair of Russian Spetsnaz (Special Forces) trousers. As No 25 but wtih Reinforced knees and seat. Waterproof knee section under DPM knee patches. D ring and para cord inside each bellows side pocket, and a hidden secret pocket inside the trousers for hiding your escape kit"
  11. Multicam is not waltish, its the future and knee pads can be extremely useful wether you are infantry or REME or just about anybody else who spends any time on there knees in the military. Multicam is proven to be just about the best cam around and is allowed by quite a few US troops in Afghan
  12. I think the reason why people are saying its Waltish is the fact its not on general issue and at the moment only "special" people are wearing them. Knee pads are good, hence why everyone gets issued them on tour.
  13. In the British Army multicam implies that you're part of UKSF, just as a para smock implies you're a para and a sniper smock implies you're a sniper (or an ACF instructor), therefore wearing it for work is a bit waltish. DPM performs just as well in this country in the vast majority of situations, knee pads are issued and multicam is not the panacea you and Crye and the airsofting community seem to think it is.

Plus the whole point of a uniform is that people look, you know, uniform...