Multicam or Olive Green ?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by ifrits_ghost, Feb 13, 2006.

1. Multicam

2. Olive Green

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

Im looking at buying a new daypack that can also be used as a three daypack now it's not avalible in DPM, so the question is do i get it in Multicam or Olive Green?

Any thoughts on the pros and cons of the various patterns will be greatly apprecieted,

FYI The pack will be used for exercises and range days etc. and for some civilian hill walking.

Thanks for your thoughts.

2. Olive Green ,don't wnat to look like a total nato potato all the time
  3. What's multicam?

Go for olive green
  4. Can you use such camoflague when on exercise? Surely its only DPM and at a push OG isn't it?
  5. Yeah mate that Multi cam stuff looks a bit w@nk. Go OG. The last thing you want is to be mistaken for a septic!

T C
  6. fcuk me - that website is simply poorly achieved airbrush / paintshop trickery, and IFRITS_GHOST are you for real???

I cannot believe you are really in the military .. or that other people are seriously answering you

DPM (if it is IR safe) if you are army barmy, OG if you intend to use it anywhere else ... FFS have you no initiative or self worth

OXYGEN THIEF ... mulitcam my arrse
  7. Aye, they've desaturated the pictures so there's less colour and everything looks a lot more alike.

Looks a bit w*nk!
  8. Thank you all for your fast responses, you have basically confirmed what I thought, Olive Green is the way to go. I thought Multicam would be a bit waltish which is why I thought I would ask on hear what everyone thought.

Onfire, for your information I am in the military but as you correctly spotted I have no initiative, it was not in the job requirements for a private soldier. Also do you not know the saying "if you cannot say anything nice..."

Once again thank you all for your input, I will carry on watching this thread for other views.

Cymru_am_Byth, we can wear other cam for packs on exersice etc. as long as we still have the issue kit just incase, as we are not issued three day packs.

edited for spelling
  9. go for the green you will only look like a poser if you get the yank cack, if you want proof ask any one who has seen the new yank uniforms, all you need is an eagle on it and it looks like the wermacht
  10. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

I have seen multicam stuff in action, and its not that bad really! I'd always go DPM/OG or, if I desperately think that i may need to be seen, my "bumble bee" bergan. But if the stuff works then so be it.

It doesn't excell in any particular department; DPM would be better in grass, Urban camo (AKA US forces I do believe) in cities. But if your likely to be operating in many many different environments then Multicam makes sense.

However, bollo**s to that - OG all the way... Why not see if they could make it in DPM?
  11. dont want to look like a total muppet on civvy street!