Multicam / Multi Terrain Pattern Velcro Patches

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by purplestar, May 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. dont think there are any, just had a look at the pics on Army.mod.uk and he is wearing the plain sand colour patches as are the blokes on Defenceimages.mod.uk, they are the only pics i can find of MTP in theatre

2. The rank slides are in use now, but have not seen any patches, I have sent a message to see if they have a picture

3. Picture of the Para Wings are now on there and they will make just about any badge in Multicam up for you aswell.

4. .

100% feedback score of 1, and that from mr dodgy e-bay descripton fellar himself. a little whiffy me thinks.

5. Hello everyone,
    It is my item that you are looking at on ebay. We are an embroidery company that has been established since 1929. We make all embroidered military insignia and have just started selling on ebay hence the low feedback score. If there is any embroidered military insignia you need feel free to ask.

Note: I am not trying to advertise.

6. Don't you guys do name tapes as well ?

7. Yeah we do pretty much all embroidery.

I'm trying not to advertise on here (I think it's agaisnt the rules?)

8. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Where are you getting your MTP?

My understanding of things is that unless you have an MoD contract you don't get a license to use the puka material or pattern.

If you don't have that, what you must be using is someone's attempt at a "MTP" like pattern but not the real stuff.

i.e. - it's a fake

Best be careful - my understanding is that the MoD has chosen to license the material to stop exactly what you are doing.

9. Probably for you but I think it is only fair to say I ordered rank slides from you guys a while back. They were competitively priced, good quality and a swiftly delivered. There were rumours you had gone under on a thread last year or so. I am pleased to see this is not the case.

10. I'm glad you were happy with our service, thats the problem we've been having, we did go into administration but we were bought out. Problem is getting the word round that were still doing what we do.

For clothing items I think the difference between Multi-cam and MTP is somewhat more noticeable than badges and rank slides. All our products are advertised as Multi-cam. Somebody here has spoken with somebody at the MOD and we get MTP just in about a years time, just before it gets issued, but for the time being we're happy with Multi-cam and I think most people are too.

11. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

As long as people are happy and aware they are using a US Army pattern material rather than a UK one, I suppose you are right.

12. If people ask, we do tell them the difference between the two and that Multi-cam isn't the official UK pattern, but it is similar, some people are happy with this others don't like it and usually end up ordering DPM.